Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Miss Zumba

Spence cropped jacket (thrifted), H&M dress (last seen here), Sirens leggings, Bamboo boots, Suzy belt, Emily Elizabeth necklace,  g21 sunglasses, Swarovski bangle, Michael Kors bracelet & Bijoux Terner beaded bangle

You guys!  Something totally exciting happened to me on Monday night.  As some of you know, I do Zumba and have for two years.  I absolutely love this cardio work out and as a former dancer, it's awesome to be doing choreographed dance again (unlike when I just randomly dance around the house).

Back to the story exciting-ness.

So I'm in class on Monday, waiting for our teacher to arrive.  The class is set to start at 4:30pm, and there are about 30 women waiting.  Well, 4:30pm came and went and still no teacher.  A few minutes later, an employee of the gym told us our teacher was no where to be found and we could wait, but class would likely be canceled.  As we all stood around feeling defeated, one woman pointed at me and said, 'You should teach the class!'.  Another chimed in, 'Yeah, you're really good,' and then another, 'Yeah, do it!'.  Next thing I know, I'm fetching my iPhone from my locker and hooking it up to the stereo system in the class, jumping on stage and teaching an hour long zumba class.  What!?  I know. 

It was so exhilarating and while I've had several people, including instructors, suggest I become certified to teach over the years, I've never actually taught a class.  I was so nervous but didn't want to go home either.  I came to sweat, and sweat we did.  I had some of the songs on my phone, the others I YouTube'd.  Sometimes I messed up the choreography and sometimes I killed it.  I even free-styled for one song which wasn't terrible and everyone seemed to really enjoy it.  At the end of the class, everyone was clapping and cheering like crazy for me and numerous women were coming up to me thanking me, telling me how awesome it was and how I should 'really look into teaching from now on', etc.  It was amazing.  Such a feel good moment and accomplishment.
Urban Behaviour trench
SHARE:

15 comments

Fash Boulevard said...

love this outfit. the boots and bracelets are amazing. you look so beautiful. I'm so excited that I found your blog. I'm following now, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over a month ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Heather said...

You go girl! I just started Zumba a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT! How exciting that the class thought you'd be able to teach the class-and I'm sure you rocked it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that must have been exhilarating... Good for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

1. totally cute outfit. if your house ever gets broken into and some of ur clothes go missing....it wasnt me! hahahha

2.. u taught zumba? what? thats crazy! and totally cool.
which studio do u go to?

Schnelle said...

I love your outfit and those boots are HOT!! What a great feeling that must have been! I've been meaning to try Zumba for a few months now but. I have to get to a class already. It looks like so much fun.

Kate said...

That's awesome Amanda - ps I adore this outfit!

Christie said...

LOVE the MK bracelet. So cute!

Good for you for teaching the Zumba class!

In Fashion and Style

Elaine said...

You look...AMAZING!!!!!!!

Alison Kinsey said...

that's so exciting amanda!!! it sounds like you had a ton of fun teaching the class. do you think based on the experience you'd want to do it again? it's nice to have the encouragement of your peers!
loving your outfit. the boots are so stylish!

myedit said...

Ok. Major nerd moment. I just got leeelte tears for you because I love that feeling your described. Teach me zumba!!!!
xoxoxo

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

beyond awesome, that's great for you. You should look into getting certified, you'd be working out and getting paid! Outfit is phenomenal, nice work.

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

How fun!!! I would LOVE to do something like that. AND what a compliment from your fellow Zumba-mates.

The boots are awesome and I am always jealous of your height! I love you you always rock heels! In my dreams I am 6'2". Seriously.

Xoxo, Mandy
www,fashionistammc.blogspot.com

julianne. said...

this outfit is absolute perfection.
i love EVERYTHING about it.<3

modern.girl said...

i can TOTALLY see you as a teacher. i mean you exude energy and fun... i can even feel it off of your blog through a monitor! you should do it! i've yet tried zumba, but have heard great things. i should try it soon.

by the way, i looooooove this outfit. especially the boots and stack of bangles. so cute!

cheers,
yvonne
modern.girl

Abi said...

I LOVE ZUMBA! I take a class 2x a week & I love every minute of it! That is too cool that you were able to teach the class!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig