Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps

This weekend was so wonderful; I took Friday off to make it a long weekend--sorry for the radio silence--ate great food, hung out with friends, slept in, got my hair done, saw Cirque du Soleil and more! Since this is a lengthy recap I'm going to put the majority of the pictures after the jump further below...

Thursday evening driving home from work; sunlight and the start to my weekend.


My new MacBook Pro sleeve/case arrived in the mail so I gave it a try; a perfect fit!  I'm pretty excited as now I can take my laptop with me when I go somewhere.  This is an 'Incase' sleeve, like the ones they sell at the Apple store but I purchased mine off eBay, brand new, for half the price.  It was shipping from the US so it took less than a week to arrive, which was awesome.


On Friday morning I put my culinary skills to the test and whipped up this awesome breakfast inspired by LoveMaegan's breakfast post

This was my first time making poached eggs and they turned out pretty well.  I also substituted asparagus and threw in some turkey bacon & whole grain toast (this is my boyfriend's plate, I only had half of a slice of toast; read about my Gluten-free diet/lifestyle ish HERE).


On Friday afternoon the man and I hit the gym and I did box jumps for the first time. 
Scary and difficult but I loved how I felt afterwards; proud and accomplished!

Lots more photos after the jump...
Eep!  My new toy that was a gift from my boyfriend.  I've had a ton of fun playing with this on the weekend and cannot believe I have three Apple products now.  What?!  Who am I?


Friday night outfit. 
(PS*I'm loving white for pedicures right now)
Outfit deets:  Le Chateau sweater, Dynamite faux leather shorts (old), Asos heels (new!), Expressions by The Bay necklace & Aldo studded clutch.


Friday night a bunch of us went to Luxe Bistro in downtown Ottawa for late night drinks and snacks.  I had the Ceasar salad--but check out those sliders in the background--which was amazing and yes, that is a bacon disc.


Saturday morning I went and got my hair done--how attractive is this shot, right?--which was long overdue.


...and then met up with my girl friend for some retail therapy.
Outfit deets:  A.Co Designs top, Almost Famous denim shorts (new!), Spring sandals (old) & Urban Expressions bag.



I took this shot of half of my living room at my apartment when I got home.  I bought some new pillows recently (the rectangle, patterned ones...that still have the tags attached, lol).


On Saturday night, Marco took me to see Totem!  It was such a cool experience since this time it was in tent.  We had a great time and I thoroughly enjoyed a full bucket of popcorn to myself--and a DQ blizzard afterwards.
Outfit deets:  Jules & James tank, Zara pants & Zara heels.


Sunday I hit the gym in my new shoes.  Then went home and did a pile of dishes for 45 minutes (ugh).


Sunday evening ended up being an impromptu BBQ at a friend's place that has the sickest rooftop deck.  See many more (silly & fun) photos HERE.
Outfit deets (see a full body shot HERE):  Joe Fresh tank, Billabong pants (new!), The Bay necklace & Gucci shades.


 The view below...and my car <3>


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig