Monday, July 22, 2013

Tina Tee / DIY Gym Shirt

I went on the hunt last week on my lunch hour for an oversized graphic tee for this DIY.  I'd seen a few variations around the web and wanted to make something different than I'd made before.  After seeing a cool Jamaica-logo-emblazed top at Winners for $17, I knew I could find something cheaper--and better?--at the thrift store.

After searching for a good 15 minutes in the men's section, I came up emtpy handed and discouraged.  I was about to leave when I forced myself to take one more look through the women's section and that's when I spotted this beauty.  It turned out to be exactly what I was looking for, and the fit is slightly oversized but still skims the body and for $1.99, it was right on budget.
I started by cutting off the sleeves and then the neckline.  The braid up the back is fancy and slightly more challenging so check out this DIY video to see how I did that, sort of.

Weekend Recap coming up!
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig