Thursday, October 28, 2010

Five Things

 Ashley B jacket (last seen here), La Senza tank (last seen here), unknown suede skirt (thrifted), 
Qupid wedges, Suzy necklace, Bay ring & Michael Kors bracelet

This post could have totally been titled, 'Thrifty Thursday', as I was sort of planning on starting to do , but instead I'm going to give you a list of five things I don't like.  Yes, don't like, you know, fashion-wise, for me of course, not necessarily you.

1.  Spaghetti straps... while I'm not opposed to them on other people, I have come to realize that this style does not work for me.  Not only is it inconvienent that you have to wear a strapless bra, it will make anyone who's not petite look large (and in charge).

2.  Cowl necks... I love cowl necks, I'm drawn to them, they look pretty, I enjoy them on others, but this has to stop.  I have enough cowl necks and I don't wear them.  I just don't.  There might be the odd one, but there are so many better necklines out there for me, I need to just step away from the cowl necks (even though they call me during stints at the mall).

3.  V-Necks... Too casual, can't get past it.  Same goes for a crew neck.  Give me a scoop or a boat and I'm golden.

4.  Ribbed tanks... no, no and no.  For girls (like me) that carry (extra) weight around their mid-section, ribbed tanks are not your friend.  They add bulk and no one wants to do that on purpose.

5.  Socks and sandals... there, I said it.  I just can't come to terms with this trend.  I always appreciate when other women courageously jump aboard a trend, or rock something out of the ordinary and really express their personal style, and even this I'm not opposed to... on others, but you will not see me adopting this trend... OTK socks and sandals, well, that's another story.

 


Things that come to mind after writing this post:

- I wear this jacket a lot

- These shoes just arrived in the mail on Wednesday night 
(wore them immediately)
...don't they remind you of the Ash Lotus wedges?

-Got another, 'OMG you're soooooo tall' comment today... I should 
seriously start keeping track of how many comments like this I get
on a daily, or at least weekly basis... If I had a dollar...
SHARE:

7 comments

Anonymous said...

You need to do more posts on your shoe collection. I love these like I always love your shoes :)

I cant do spaghetti straps. I'm pretty sure its never going to happen at this point.

Kate said...

Love the shoes!!

Also dislike spaghetti straps for the most part (on me) and I buy way too many cowel necks too, and then wish I didn't because they're harder to wear necklaces with! Ha!

Isabel said...

i dont like spaghetti straps either unless its a pretty, flowy tank, but if its just a plain coloured skin tight camisole style, i saw eww.

Joie de Viv said...

OH! I LOVE those shoes! And you are tall! *kaching* another dollar for you! How tall r u anyways? Love your 5 things but isn't it so true about knowing these things and how they relate to our own bodies so that we can dress for our body type? Like me - I can never wear crew necks or scoop necks. The make me look really plump and rounded. Spaghetti straps and V necks for this little boobed gal is perfect but those award 1-2" straps looks strange. Cowl necks are really odd on me but I love sock and sandals. hahah. to each their own. you look fab!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

NURA said...

Your wedges are great! I like your blog, what do you think of following each other? xx

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. . . what 'extra weight' are you talking about? I'm fairly certain (creepy remembers everything emily here) that we saw a picture of you in a bikini on your honeymoon and you looked like a super model. So enough of that crap. But agreed about the ribbed shirts. . no go for me too. As well as cowl necks. big boobs and cowl necks = traffic hazard.

I envy your height and your shoes. Just a Q. When you order from Urban Original do you buy multiple shoes at once? 17$ for shipping seems kinda crazy to me and I feel like that would then justify purchasing like 7 pairs of shoes. lol

Schnelle said...

I love these wedges!!!

I coldn't agree with you more about the socks and sandals thing. It's def. a pet peeve of mine.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig