Thursday, August 4, 2016

NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE: TRY ON & FITTING ROOM PICS PART II #NSALE

I'm back for round two of try-ons from the Nordstrom sale (see round one here + what I purchased).  I went back a few days after the sale opened, to find an uber picked over store that was far less crowded.  

However, there are fortunately still many great pieces left online, but the sale only goes until this Sunday!  So stock up now if any of these Fall items catch your eye because they go up to full price on August 8th.




This cardigan was nice, but it runs very big.  I'm wearing a size small in the photo and felt I still needed to size down (I'm normally a medium).  I really love this one instead, but I would lose the belt.





BLAZER -- SOLD OUT (SAME IN WINE -- LOVESIMILAR)  |  TEE

This drapey jacket was really cute, but I wasn't loving the colour, however I see it's now stocked in a beautiful wine colour which would be so good with dark denim skinnies & cognac coloured boots for Fall (I'm wearing a medium).

I purchased this Lush tee in green and black but couldn't help trying on the grey and off-white when I went back.  It's so soft, fits true to size (tts) and I love that the sleeves are a little longer than a usual t-shirt.




HAT  |  BLOUSE

I love this blouse and it fits tts.  I'm wearing a size small, simply because there were no more mediums left, but the small was too snug.  Perfect with denim or tucking into a pencil skirt.





These faux leather pants are uber comfortable, and a must have for your wardrobe!  I wear my current faux leather pants all the time with blouses, thin and chunky sweaters, longer t-shirts and more. I promise you'll get a ton of wear out them--think of them as a cooler pair of denim, and style them as such. 

These run a little big; I'm wearing my normal size (30) in them and they were bunchy around the crotch, loose in the waist and legs.  I would size down one size.





This sweater was super cute, I love the lace-up detail, which is very on trend and it would look great as a beach cover up now and then cozy when the snow flies.

I loved these grey skinnies--I showed them in my last try on post, but didn't buy them and when I went back, was so excited to see they were still available!  They run a little big, so I sized down one size and they fit perfect.  The waist is a mid-low and I surprisingly found the seaming and front square pockets to be very flattering.





This sweater is the softest sweater ever, and I love that it comes in this camel colour, but also in black.  It fits tts, and is longer, so would pair great with leggings or jeans, and is such a great price for cashmere.




HAT  |  DRESS

I picked up this dress in the navy floral print when the sale opened and loved it so much I had to try on this nude printed colour.  It fits tts and these is a scoop in the back with a criss-cross detail but still covers your bra.




SCRAPPY TOP (SIMILAR)  |  DENIM SKIRT (SIMILARSIMILAR)

This strappy top has been a fan favourite of the sale--I've seen tons of girls picking this one up because it emulates the look of a strappy bralette underneath without having to purchase one.  It comes in five different colours (I want the grey even more!) and fits tts.





I didn't love this jacket, despite it looking cute in the pic, I found the feel of the faux leather to be really cheap.  However, this dress is a different story.  Again I brought this in because I loved it so much in my first try on, and got some really nice comments from you ladies on Snapchat.  

However, despite trying the medium (again) and a large (just in case), it was simply too short for me (I'm 5'11).  If you're 5'8 and under, please go buy this!  It's so stunning with over the knee boots or little booties and a leather jacket!




HAT  |  DRESS

This is the same dress as above, in a different pattern.  Again, I love it, again too short for me.  #wompwomp





This dress is super cute with the on-trend bell sleeves, flowy feel and perfect v-neck.  It comes in a variety of colours and fits tts.  This is longer than the Free People one above and will be so awesome come Fall.

This faux leather jacket is the Blank NYC one everyone is raving about.  I think it photographs really well, and the price is right, however, I didn't love it on me in person.  Although the fabric isn't stiff, so it moves nicely with you and the fit is tts, I just wasn't blown away.





I love this henley!  Such a cute casual piece for your closet and a great dupe of the Free People Ventura thermal that was popular last year.  This one runs small, I'm wearing a large in the pic, so size up for a comfortable fit.





Bring on the heart eyed emoji!  If I'm being honest, I really went back to Nordstrom to re-try & pick up this incredible leather jacket.  It's such a stunning piece that you will have in your wardrobe for years to come.  

The leather is stiff and heavy, and when left open, looks somewhat boxy.  However, when you half zip or fully zip it up, it hugs the body so well and is very fitted, but comfortable.  Fitting tts, I would totally recommend this one, if there's room in the budget and you're on the hunt for a beautiful leather jacket.



Related posts you may have missed:


SaveSave
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig