Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What Diet?

 Alfred Sung dress, unknown tights, Aldo boots, Ardene necklace, Swarovski, F21 & Costa Blanca 
bangles & Charlotte Russe ring

I'm on a diet.  Ha.  Haha.  Hahaha.  That is laughable because I don't do diets (you think I have that kind of will power?).  So, I guess I'm not really on a diet, but as I sit here and type this, my stomach is growling despite just eating (cottage cheese with berries).  I am certainly watching my intake since completely over indulging throughout the holidays, and am trying to get back to eating clean.  However, I'm starving.  How starving?  I just ate two Vitamin C pills to drown out of cries of my angry stomach.

Okay, so I'm not that hungry, I have eaten today, and eaten well.  An egg white omelet for breakfast (with cheese and broccoli), an apple for a snack, turkey soup, (10) almonds and the cottage cheese.  Tonight I have plans for grilled chicken (going to use my panini press instead of my oven) and a large side salad with cherry tomatos and low-fat feta.  Are you bored yet?

I wouldn't say this is a New Years Resolution (that's far too cliché), just a kick start to get back into my regular routine.  You see, over the past few months I have been indulging maybe slightly too much.  Not to the point that's it necessarily noticeable to others (is it!?) but it is to me.  And I don't like it.  One bit.  Something must be done.  Also, I'm not really digging the way it's making me feel, and when that happens, it's time to kick your own butt, hence, precisely what I'm doing.

While perusing YouTube the other day, I came across a BodyRock.tv workout they had posted, which prompted me to their site (I had a friend who used to do their workouts and she raved about them).  Sure enough, tight lean bodies, friendly (and likeable) attitudes, and simple (but killer) workouts you can do in your own living room (or at the gym, if you have a membership like I do).  Awesome.  I'm taking one of the workouts (it's seven minutes; pu-leeze, you can do anything for seven minutes) to the gym tonight and going to give it a try after I hit the cardio.  Also, I was able to download the Gymboss interval timer app on my iPhone versus forking out the cash to purchase one, which means no waiting to try these workouts 'properly' and no excuses.

I find I often need some sort of variation, kick-start or newness for my workouts.  Zumba seems to be the only thing I've stuck with consistently (almost three years) but everything else gets pretty boring.  I recently tried Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.  Phew!  What a doozy.  Seriously killer.  There are three workouts (level 1, 2, and 3) and you do each for ten days before moving onto the next.  I certainly couldn't discipline myself to workout for 30 days in a row, but when I was lacking motivation to hit the gym, it was nice to go home and have an alternative in my living room.  That said, it didn't last long before I was unmotivated to workout from home, so back to the gym I went.

And now?  Well now I just found out that my favourite Zumba instructor might not be teaching anymore (the only time I can actually guarantee I will get my ass to the gym) and I want to cry (dra-ma-tic).  She was there when I started doing Zumba as a participant.  She started out by helping another instructor, she would teach one song a few times, and slowly she would teach half the class until she took over and it became her class.  She's amazing, and I don't want her to leave.  Wah wah.

That's all.  Happy eating.


SHARE:

4 comments

Unknown said...

Leopard love!! and those wedge booties... perfect!

Hope you had a fabulous New Year!

-Ash

Veronika said...

I too would like to start eating better this year :) please continue to post meal and snack ideas!

drollgirl said...

love the outfit!!!

i ate SO MUCH over the holidays! so much! and the more that i ate the hungrier i got! annoying! now trying to scale back (pardon the pun) and eat healthy and trim down. but that is the story of my life!

happy new year!

Franziska said...

I've been doing Jillian's 30 day shred for a while. only about 2 days a week (sue me, i hate working out). I also find it boring, but since I now know whats coming next, I play the DVD on my computer while watching tv. keeps my mind off of doing walk out pushups and gets me through 20 minutes. good luck with your nondiet, although I think you look fab :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig