Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps

Friday night, birthday dinner for a friend.
Outfit deets:  Winners jacket, Club Monaco scarf, Jacob sweater, Urban Planet leggings, Joe Fresh necklaces & Aldo boots (new & I'm in love!) & purse.


 We went to Big Easy's for the birthday festivities and I ordered the sesame seared ahi tuna with grilled veggies and coconut rice.  The large pot of mayo on the side was still almost full when I was done but I thoroughly enjoyed a large Ceasar & glass of red wine.


When I got home, I was craving something sweet so I made a new healthier fave treat, which is similar to the coconut oatmeal bites you saw in my Recent Eats post (#28), but I don't make the balls and just eat it from the bowl.  Here's how:

1/4C oatmeal, 1/4C unsweetened coconut, 1tbsp honey, 1tsp cocoa, 2tbsp coconut oil, sprinkle of cinnamon, a few drops of vanilla & mix.  Enjoy.


On Saturday, I attended a five-hour beginner photography class that I purchased through Living Social back in August.  I have wanted a DSLR forever but have no idea how to use it.  The course focused on aperture, shutter speed & ISO.  I learned so much and am going to try and 'practice every day for a week or two'--our homework--to lock the basics in my memory.


During the second half of the class, we went outside to put our new knowledge to the test.  We had to complete an exercise where we photographed something three times at three different aperture settings and something in motion at three different shutter speed settings.  I took over 70 photos before narrowing it down to the six I wanted to use to be shown to the class on the projector screen.
Outfit deets:  Ashley B jacket, Olivia Sky thin-knit sweater, C'est Moi trapeze tank, Sirens leggings & Spring boots (last year).


Saturday night Chinese take-out & a movie.


Sunday morning I hit the gym and grabbed tea afterwards.  Then it was home for breakfast and a relaxing day inside.
Outfit deets:  American Eagle sweater (old, thrifted), Bongo jeans (old & DIY distressed, which you can't really see in the photo but a more detailed shot HERE), Spring boots folded down (from last year) & Urban Expressions bag.


Sunday afternoon: football, Apple products (ha) & working on a video.

SHARE:

3 comments

Renee said...

So smart of you for taking a photography class, I'm thinking I should do the same! I've had my DSLR camera now for about 3 years and I STILL have no idea how to properly use it. I think it defeats the purpose when you're always using the "auto" setting!

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Renee: Haha yes, find a course! Mine was $130 but I paid $40 thanks to the deal I found online! Totally worth it. Automatic is still great but it's amazing what these cameras can do (and I haven't even scratched the surface, so, what do I know!? :P)

AA said...

I'm drooling over those Aldo boots! They are fabulous!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig