Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Scarf Story

 Stitches cardigan (last seen here), C'est Moi top (last seen here), American Apparel leggings
Aldo boots (last seen here), Club Monaco scarf, H&M bangle & Stitches ring

Wanna hear a story?  It's about my scarf.  So, many years ago (at least five) I was shopping at Club Monaco and that location was closing (read: lots of sales).  I tried on several things but didn't find much (I'm sure Amanda circa 2011 would have found much more than Amanda circa 2006) except a pair of navy wool crop skinny pants (which still have yet to be worn - unreal, I know).  As I was getting ready to check out, I decided to check out the accessories.  On a table were these scarves in grey and black.  100% cashmere.  What is cashmere?  (Yes, those were my thoughts back then).  I almost didn't buy it but finally decided to drop the $9 and pick one up.  Yes.  Nine dollars.  Down from one hundred dollars.  I should have bought five.  But then again, what the hell do I need five cashmere scarves for (except to be the most amazing gift giver ever).

 

SHARE:

14 comments

Anonymous said...

I love this outfit and I REALLY love a $9 cashmere scarf! Wow! Amazing.

modern.girl said...

i can't believe those were only 9 bucks!!!!!!!!

the hubby is trying to steal your thunder. :)

Anonymous said...

Great outfit today, that scarf was a complete steal for $9! I have to say your hubby's glasses made this post for me lol!

Isabel said...

u look so tanned! im jealous!

Tall Girl said...

Super cute outfit!!!

Kayla said...

I almost fainted when I read $9 for that scarf. I'm jealous. Also your husband's pictures are so cute I could die. So serious.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

Anonymous said...

This might be a dumb comment...but could you do a future post on how to tie a scarf? Whenever I try to do it, I can't make it look right!

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Loving the scarf and your color tones here. Hi husband!

who am i said...

like your rings and boots! they look fabulous :D

blog.misspouty.com

Unknown said...

You guys are the cutest!!

http://www.glamlatte.com

SILVIA said...

love your style!
xoxo from spain

=D

Louise (Fifth Sparrow) said...

I could seriously live in that scarf.. and for $9, that's pretty good rent! It's gorgeous and huge and I love it! This is such a killer outfit, it looks so cozy but fierce! xx

Yuliya Fashionblog said...

Amazing shoes <3

Bisous
Yu'

. said...

In love with your boots, you pull them off perfectly!

Come by and enter my giveaway for a See by Chloe tote bag if you like!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig