Monday, December 26, 2016

NORDSTROM HALF YEARLY SALE TRY ON + BOXING DAY SALE ROUND UP



Happy Boxing day ladies!  I spent the day at the mall shopping and battling the crowds and it was kind of worth it.  I did make out with several pieces, but honestly, the sales are so good online, I'd skip the hassle and just shop from the comfort of home. 

Also, it's the Nordstrom Half Yearly sale (!!) so I'm sharing all the pieces I've tried on, and while mostly everything I'm sharing is marked down, there are a few that aren't on sale.  However, I'm linking them anyway plus to the same or similar items on sale elsewhere so you can snag them.

Finally, I'm sharing a huge round up of all the post-Christmas sales happening around the web at the very bottom of the post, so be sure to scroll through.  I'll have a full Weekend Recap up tomorrow, with details from Christmas and more.  Hope you're having a great day!


SHOP MY LOOK







LONG SLEEVE DRESS  |  SUEDE MOTO JACKET --NOT ON SALE

I had seen this long sleeve dress before, but never tried it on, so I'm glad I did.  I'm not usually one for tight clothes, but this piece is really pretty.  It fits true to size (I'm in a medium) and there is rouching around the booty and midsection/a slight blouson effect.  It's definitely on the shorter side on me, but I'm 5'11 so most things tend to be.

The suede moto jacket is amazing, and I already own it in the taupe and burgundy colours.  I can honestly say I'm debating a third colour because this jacket is so so so good.  The fit is great, I'm a true medium, and the quality is amazing for such a great price (it's real suede).




FAUX LEATHER JACKET  |  SWEATER -- NOT ON SALE

You ladies may remember when I tried this jacket on back in the Summer, and I'm not sure I was quite sold, but it's  been growing on me for months and I've been kicking myself for not getting it (for reals!).  I pulled the trigger today because it's finally on sale and such a great piece.  It fits true to size (i'm wearing a medium) and looks so much more expensive than it is.  

If you're in the market for a faux leather, this one is under $100 and looks legit--you will be seeing it a lot in the coming months!




OVERSIZED SWEATER (ALSO IN BLACK)  |  DISTRESSED DENIM -- MY OWN, UNDER $45

This sweater is adorable and runs super big.  I'm wearing a small and could have sized down again, but I do love the fit.  The v is very deep, so buyer beware, but the sleeves are nice and long, and the fringe detail at the bottom and on the cuffs, is super cute.





Okay, splurge alert!  This cozy knit cardigan is definitely an investment piece but really beautiful.  It is no longer available on the Nordstrom website but I've linked it here at 50% off as well.





A lot of you have asked about the black puffer I wore in Italy, which was actually purchased in Italy almost two years ago.  I knew Nordstrom had this super similar one, so I wanted to try it on to give my review since it's on sale!

I'm wearing a medium, which was a great fit in the shoulders, but if you're more narrow, I would say you can size down because the mid-section is a little roomy.  The great part about this coat is that it rolls and packs up into a little pouch that comes with it which is amazing for travel!





This knit & faux leather blazer is a fave of mine, and it's been marked down!  It fits true to size (I'm in a medium) and is such an easy piece to throw on and go.  It also comes in black, but that colour isn't on sale on the website but I did see it on sale in store.





This grey knit turtleneck was super cute and has a hi-low hemline so might work with leggings for my shorter girls.  The sleeves have a sewn rolled cuff and it fits true to size (I'm wearing a medium).





This was such a pretty knit dress, with long sleeves (I pushed them up for the pic).  It comes in black and hits just above the knee, and there are small slits on the side.  Definitely something you could rock bare legged or with leggings.  I'm wearing a medium and it's a roomy fit; if you're looking for a snug fit, size down.




SWEATER -- NOT ON SALE  |  DARK DENIM -- NOT ON SALE (DIFFERENT WASH ON SALE, DISTRESSED STYLE ON SALE)  |  BLACK LEGGINGS -- SECOND PIC, NOT ON SALE (NOT HIGH WAIST ON SALE)

You're going to hate me, but this sweater isn't on sale!  I know, I know!  However, it's too amazing not to share.  This was an instant yes, the second I put it on.  I love this brand and the fit is so good.  I'm wearing a medium and it's perfect.  It's longer too, so would work with denim or leggings and it covers the booty.




MUSCLE TANK  |  SPORTS BRA  |  LEGGINGS -- NOT ON SALE (NOT HIGH WAIST ON SALE)

I loved this tank, which also comes in black, but was really itching to try on these high waist leggings.  You girls know I love my Lululemons, but I was pleasantly surprised with these ones.  I purchased them in a size medium and plan to wear them with regular outfits, and to the gym.





I have been eyeing this sweater for a while, and while it's not part of the sale, I wanted to try it on.  I'm wearing a small and the sleeves are a 3/4--however, on the model they are full length.  I would probably go with a medium, although the body fit well in this, they just didn't have one.





This Theory sweater was gorgeous, super soft and comfortable.  I can't find it online, but if you're in the Ottawa area, the Rideau Centre location has this one.  I was able to find it for full price here, but in store it's about 40% off.




SUEDE JACKET -- ON SALE IN STORE  |  BLACK DISTRESSED SKINNIES (SIMILAR)

This grey suede moto jacket isn't on sale online, but it was marked down in store (ugh).  Wanted to share it here in case anyone is in Ottawa and looking to scoop it up--they had a few sizes left.  I'm wearing a size 12, but a size 10 would be a better fit.





I have seen lots of girls rocking this sweater and wasn't sure about the bubble sleeves, but ended up loving it.  I sized down to a small, and it was still long enough to cover the booty if you're in leggings.  It comes in a few colours, so if you're looking for something oversized, the is a great option.

And can we just talk about these distressed jeans?!  I'm obsessed with my Rag & Bone skinny dark denim ones, and these are just as comfy.  I actually ordered these a few weeks back but haven't picked them up yet.  Since I hadn't tried them and just ordered and crossed my fingers, I can happily say they are amazing.  They fit true to size like my other pair (I'm a 30) and feel like you're wearing leggings.  I'm always reaching for my dark denim pair so I know these will end up being a go-to pant as well.





This open-back tunic sweater is like a boucle knit and so cozy, however, I can't remember the brand (BP? Hinge? Halogen?) from Nordstrom--I know, terrible.  The said, they don't seem to have it online either.  It wasn't on sale but wanted to bring your attention to the beautiful open back detail and this amazing sweater, which is 50% off is even better in my opinion!

UPDATE:  This sweater is now available online HERE.


MORE PIECES I'M LOVING FROM NORDSTROM







I put this cardigan on and melted--it's thick but moulds to your body and is ridiculously cozy.  I could see myself wearing this with leggings and it will be perfect for a ski getaway we are going on next month.  I'm so sorry I couldn't find it online, but they have several at the Saks Off Fifth on Rideau, downtown Ottawa, if you're in the area.





I am in love with this heavy knit sweater!  I've been eyeing it for several months so when I saw it marked down over 50%, I had to scoop it up!  The sleeves are extra long on this one, it's so cozy, and fits true to size. You can definitely tell it's a well made piece and something I will have for a long time.  I could also see myself pairing a longer, chiffon cami underneath to add a layer for interest.





This open knit sweater is pretty, and I love the bell sleeves.  Free People always runs big, so I'm wearing a medium and was swimming.  I ended up passing on it, just because I already have two, grey bell sleeved sweaters.


MORE PIECES I'M LOVING FROM SAKS OFF FIFTH





















ASOS  |  Up to 50% off.  Obsessed with this jumpsuit, want this pretty top for New Years Eve & hello party boots!

Dynamite  |  Up to 70% off.  This scarf would make a great gift, my bomber is now $35, and these faux leather leggings are in my cart.

H&M  |  Up to 80% off.  Love this thin-knit sweater for everyday, cute romper for vacation & velvet cami dress for the win (NYE anybody?).

Lulu's  |  100s of markdowns + $5 shipping to Canada today.

Mackage  |  20% off + an additional 10% off, use code BOX.  Love this grey wool coat & this burgundy leather is amazing.

Nordstrom  |  Up to 50% off for the Half Yearly Sale.  I love this bell sleeve sweater, this dress (with over the knee boots) & just scooped up this moto jacket.  Also, Frame denim on sale

Revolve  |  Up to 50% off.  I need this vintage muscle tank in my closet, Quay sunglasses on sale & amazing distressed white skinnies under $100!

Shopbop  |  Holiday promo, up to 40% off.  A great designer tank under $40, I have always loved these gladiators & this off shoulder sweater is super pretty.




SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig