Wednesday, May 25, 2016

How to Wear Black in the Summer


O U T F I T  D E T A I L S  :  F21 BLACK DRESS (SIMILAR)  |  SKIRT (WORN BACKWARDS)  |  PEEP-TOE BOOTIES (BUDGET FRIENDLY)  |  H&M CHOKER (SIMILAR, LOVE THIS)

I'm a sucker for neutrals, and black is one colour I'm not willing to give up despite the temperatures rising.  I love Summer-izing my black pieces and it's the perfect time to show a little skin and also keep things edgy.

I've had this flowy shift dress for a year and while the tail is long, the front is a little on the short side for me, so I always pair it with a body-con style skirt underneath for a bit more coverage.  Depending on where I'm going, I can pull the skirt down to offer more coverage, or up like here for a night out. 

The key to making your black pieces work for Summer is to keep the fabrics lighter--think crochet, linen, chiffon & lace--and looser and show a little leg or bare the shoulders, etc.  Work with the warm weather, not against it.




These booties are so comfortable, and they get compliments all the time, it seems.  They are definitely a splurge, but they honestly fit so well and I can wear them for hours.  They work with dresses, rompers, shorts and skinny jeans--they have definitely proven to be a good investment.



Photography by Lisa Provençal.

SHARE:

2 comments

Blondie said...

This is super cute!

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Blondie: thank you so much!! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig