Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Instagram Outfits & Camera Selfies

Hi ladies!  I always like sharing these posts with you because it can't be a photo-shoot style post for every outfit, but there are a lot of outfits that don't ever make it to the blog #realtalk
 
Here are a few looks as of late via Instagram and the camera roll.
 
 
SCARF  |  H&M JACKET - OLD (SIMLAR)  |  TOP  |  DISTRESSED DENIM  |  ALDO BOOTS (SIMILAR, LOVE THESE)  |  FRINGE BAG
 
I wore this outfit one evening shopping, and it's basically my weekend / evening uniform.  I love a good distressed skinny, a looser fitting top, ankle boots and an oversized scarf.  A leather jacket and a beanie would be great accessories to add into the mix for a chic, layered look.
 


DYNAMITE JACKET (SIMILAR)  |  FREE PEOPLE SWEATER (SIMILAR)  |  SCARF  |  BLACK SKINNIES (DIY RIPS)  |  PEEP-TOE BOOTIES  |  BAG
 
Date night!  Marco and I went out for tacos last night, which was totally impromptu, so I threw this on after the gym.  Again a variation of the look above.  When I'm pressed for time, it's always my go-to and I tend to stick to neutrals for a minimal-chic look.

 

 
 
In September, we attended our good friends' wedding and usually when it comes to formal events, I wear something I already own.  However, this time I was adamant about finding a new dress to wear.  I really wanted a long dress, but on my 5'11 frame, most often dresses are too short.  While these dresses don't look bad per say in the photos, in real life they weren't great so I actually ended up wearing something from my closet in the end!
 

 
 
 
 
VINTAGE DRESS (SIMILAR, FLOOR LENGTH)  |  ASOS HEELS - OLD (SIMILAR, GOLDSIMILAR)  |  VINTAGE CLUTCH (SIMILAR)
 
This was the dress I ended up wearing from my closet.  I purchased this dress over five years ago from the thrift store (total 80's find that is current now!) and never wore it.  It was slightly roomier when I bought it, so my body has changed a bit since then and fills it out better, so I'm glad I held onto it!  I think I paid under $20 for it which just goes to show, if you are willing to hunt, you can find great deals at Good Will, Value Village, Salvation Army, etc.
 

 
SISLEY SWEATSHIRT (SIMLAR)  |  LOLA SKIRT - OLD (SIMILAR)  |  ALEXANDER WANG WEDGES (SIMILAR, SAVE)  |  BEADED NECKLACE
 
I wore this look a few months ago when it was still Summertime but never posted it.  I love a monochromatic look and it's super easy to pull off.  The key is to mix in different textures to keep it interesting.  Also, get more mileage out of your clothes by dressing up a plain sweatshirt with jewelry and heels.
 

 
ASHLEY B JACKET (SIMILAR)  |  TOP  |  H&M SKIRT -- STILL AVAILABLE BUT NOT ONLINE (SIMILAR)  |  LACE UP FLATS ON SALE!  |  BAG
 
This is another monochromatic look (all grey) I wore a few weeks ago with a nude pump for day and the red lace up flat for commuting.  Wearing all grey is my favourite right now, it's like the new all-black-errthang and is really easy to pull off.  I like to keep the greys in a similar tone but you can totally mix a darker grey with a lighter grey.
 

 
SCARF  |  SKINNIES (DIY'ED KNEES)  |  ESPADRILLES ON SALE!  |  BAG
 
Casual weekend look from about a month ago with the same blanket-scarf from the first pic and my favourite white skinnies.  I cut the knees out in these and they have become my go-to on the weekends (same style as the black pair above I wore on date night).  Adding the scarf is a key 'third piece' in this look in taking it up a notch from just jeans & a tee. Wrap it around a few times or just loop it around your neck once.
 
I don't love these espadrilles, they are actually pretty snug on my wide feet, but they were all I had in my trunk when we were in Kingston one weekend (and I didn't want to wear my Converse kicks again).  They keep the vibe casual and great for shopping days.  That said, if you threw on a pair of heeled booties and a leather jacket, this look could easily transition into night.
 
SHARE:

5 comments

Ana said...

I love your outfits and specially how colorful and monochromatic it can be. Greetings

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Ana: thank you so much--so sweet!

Lauryncakes | Lauryn Hock said...

I love love love your killer style! I just stumbled across your cute blog and already can't wait to see more.

xo, Lauryn
www.lauryncakes.com

Roxi said...

Your style is impeccable. I adore the first three looks because the colors really complement each other well. And those dresses are gorgeous!

Roxi - www.goldenpolkadots.blogspot.com

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Lauren: Thank you SO MUCH! You're so sweet--appreciate you commenting.

@Roxi: Aww you are too kind, Roxi, thank you!!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig