Friday, March 27, 2015

Plank Challenge Update

At the beginning of the month I posted about a plank challenge that I was going to be doing and I wanted to provide a little update if you'd like to read...
Click for more... 

Just to be clear, I'm not a plank lover, nor do I find these things easy.  In fact, getting to one minute is always tough, let alone surpassing it.
The challenge started at one minute, and has increased by five seconds every day.  Often times I'm planking right before bed, or even having to get out of bed to complete my daily torture.  The other day, I hit the goal I had always had in my head: a 3-minute plank.  Before this month, the longest plank I had ever completed was 2:30 minutes, and looking back, I don't even know how, nor has it ever been repeated.  That said, 3 minutes you guys!
Although the challenge doesn't stop at 3 minutes (it actually goes until 3:30), meeting that goal felt like such an accomplishment.  My core certainly doesn't look like the kind that could pull that off, but with practice and consistency over the last 27 days, I did it!
I'm definitely looking forward to April 1st, but also shocked and impressed that I've been dedicated and followed through with this.  If I can do it, so can you!
I know a few of you said you were going to join in the challenge and I wanted to find out how it's going for you; are you still participating? Are you having to take a small break or are you holding your plank for the full time?  I'd love to hear!
Should we plan a different challenge for April?  Maybe a wall-sit or squat challenge? 

SHARE:

3 comments

Sarah Palisek said...

This was a toughie, not going to lie, but I did it!!! I squiggle and squirm at the 2:30 mark and sweat and clench EVERYTHING until I make it. I can't believe it either frankly, as we thought over 2 mins was going to be impossible!!! GREAT JOB!

I think a "Sit with Me in April" wall sit challenge is in order! Same times: starting at 1 min and incrementally going up daily for the month. I AM IN!

xo

Unknown said...

Fyi - The Girl on the Train is SO good. I could not put it down.

Roxi said...

My roommate and I would really love to do a push-up challenge, but I'd definitely be up for squat challenges because I love squats!!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig