Thursday, July 24, 2014

Our Condo | The Living Room


I'm finally sharing some photos of our finished living room.  We ordered the couch a month before we moved, waited four months and it arrived at the beginning of July.  Since then, we've sold the previous furniture, given my parents the end tables and moved the kitchen table into the room (it was originally in that nook space off the kitchen).

Something I really like about our place is how neutral and bright it feels.  Normally I would cringe at almost-white walls but I really love that it's so airy.  I feel like my last apartment was such a tiny space, with so much stuff crammed into it, it's nice to have more of a minimalistic feel here (but trust that every nook, cranny and drawer is stuffed to the brim!).

We are now on the hunt for a rug to fill out the space, and I'm thinking a shag, but unsure of the colour.  I also think an arch floor lamp would be awesome in the back corner behind the couch and then we could get rid of that Ikea paper one in the corner by the tv.  Any suggestions on the colour for the rug?  I love white but it's probably not realistic, especially with a little black feline prancing around (or life in general, ha!).


See the view looking the other way & furniture deets after the jump...


And a shot from Instagram where you can see the curved feature on the back of the couch...

Couch from Mobilia | Coffee table (old) from Dufresne | Entertainment unit from Mobilia | Orange pillows & silver vases from Home Sense

Posts you may have missed:

SHARE:

10 comments

Unknown said...

Home sweet home...enjoy every beautiful memory you are building together! Looks good!

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

Thank you, Cassandra! :)

Anna said...

Looks beautiful!!! Congrats! I would totally go with a patterned rug. I know it can seem scary, but they often ground the furniture and make a room look more finished. Something geometric or with circles that's modern, but in greys/whites so it's neutral and adaptable if you change your colour scheme. Homesense always has rugs like this, and they aren't too expensive. No matter what, it's going to look amazing - what wouldn't with that view and that couch?! :)

Ann said...

Just love the view you have...we live in Phoenix, AZ...so in the desert, so I certainly admire your view of water!

AA said...

I love how bright and open the room looks! Those big windows are awesome!

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

Thanks Anna and for the suggestions!! I've checked HomeSense several times but haven't found 'the one' yet ;)

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

Thanks Ann!!! I would certainly love your view more come the time that water is covered in ice and snow!!:P

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

Awww thanks so much AA!!

Unknown said...

Amanda,
Love your place. It is so modern! I would go with a white or cream shag rug in the living room. However white is my favourite colour so I may be a bit biased. EQ3 may have the curved floor lamp you are looking for.

Malcolm Bond said...

Finally we closed on our new house and I could not be happier. When we walked through that door the first time I have to admit I thought that I was in the middle of a dream. I have to share with your readers that if you are persistent enough, regardless your situation you can find a solution and get yourself in your own home.

Rupert @ Gulf Shores Real Estate And Homes

Blogger Template Created by pipdig