Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps

 Friday night was a really special night; mine & Marco's one year anniversary.  I got dressed up and he took me out on the town.
Outfit deets:  Smart Set blazer (new), A.Co Designs top, American Apparel liquid leggings, H by Halston heels, vintage clutch (from a garage sale) & Suzy Shier necklace.


 We went to Town and had an amazing meal.  These were our shared appetizers: crab cakes & a pork something-or-other (I'm so technical, clearly).  Needless to say, they were delicious.  We shared entrée plates after and had the meatballs and another pork dish.  It was so satisfying and enjoyable.  The music they played was on point too (perfect house meets electronica, think JMSN meets Klangkarussell meets Dpat and in between.  And if you don't know who any of those are, you're missing out and need to look them up on Soundcloud stat).


We sat at the weirdest table, at the back of the restaurant, side-by-side looking into the kitchen.  At first it felt a little awkward, but it quickly felt special and like we had our own private viewing to the chef's in action.  Afterwards, we went to Starbucks to grab coffee, tea and desserts to take home and indulge in.


 Saturday early afternoon cheering on my man and team in their softball tournament (they lost, unfortunately).
Outfit deets:  Ardène flats & Almost Famous jeans.


 I picked up Peanut in the afternoon to come for a sleep-over.  My parents went out of town and asked if I could take her, several months back, and the weekend finally arrived.  We had a nice time cuddling but she's getting so old, deaf and has a mild case of Alheizmers so she barks and lot and isn't as mobile as she used to be.  Still, she's completely adorable and I love her to bits.  I'll be devastated when she passes away as she's been with us for 13 years.


 I made some 'gourmet' chicken salad and bought some artisan olive bread.  I ate almost the entire loaf to myself by the end of the weekend so feel a little yucky.  No more gluten until next weekend, back to some fresher-clean eating for the work week.

Chicken salad mix:  boil two large chicken breasts, once cooked, shred them and mix with mayo, pepper & red peppers in bowl.  Serve on a croissant or special bread.  The consistency should be chunky and hearty.


 Sunday morning gym sesh and I 'splurged' on a protein shake afterwards.  They are just over $6 so I don't get one often, but sometimes a little reward is nice, plus it's so freakin' delicious.


I took Peanut home on Sunday morning and had a nice visit with my parent's, then headed to Marco's for dinner & Dexter.  I wore my first Fall outfit of the year, which carries some mixed emotions.  I always feel like Fall is too short and by the time I get into it, I really haven't had much of a chance to sport all the looks I wanted to rock.  On the flip side, summer. don't. go. WAH.
Outfit deets:  Winners jacket (old), Zara sweater over H&M sheer/opaque tee over H&M tunic tank (super layering!), Urban Planet sheen leggings, Ardène pashmina & Ash booties.
See the other version of this photo HERE.

SHARE:

3 comments

Renee said...

I'm trying to break out my first fall outfit too, but I can't seem to let go of my summer clothes.

Hope you guys had a great anniversary!

Jenna said...

Ur weekends always looks like so much fun!! Happy anniversary!!!!
Jenna

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Renee: I hate letting go of my summer clothes too! :( Thanks for the sweet wishes!

@Jenna: awww, thank you! I try to make them fun but sometimes they are boring too (lol!) #keepinitreal Thanks for the anniversary wishes! :D

Blogger Template Created by pipdig