Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps

My casual Friday work outfit; I liked it more and more as the day went on--does that ever happen to you?--so thought I'd share.  I typically post my daily looks on Instagram under the hashtag #acolookdowns.
Outfit deets:  American Eagle top, H&M denim skinnies & Diva Lounge wedges.


Friday night date night at Miko Sushi; if you're looking for good sushi, please don't go there.  If you're a bit of a sushi snob, like us, you won't like it.  The fish was not terribly fresh, portions were small and there was nothing special about it.  To top it off, the service was terrible.  Needless to say, we won't be back.
Outfit deets:  Jacob sweater (new!), DIY denim cut-offs (thrifted men's pants turned shorts), Zara heels & Mossimo clutch (old).


Saturday night dinner: sausages & salae (one splurgy bun for me!).


Saturday night Walmart run to get some treats for a movie night.  Earlier that day I realized we were rockin' a twinsies look; the cashier at Walmart loudly pointed it out too.


Sunday morning breakfast: 3 egg whites + 1 egg over easy on toasted ww multigrain & left over turkey bacon from Saturday morning with a peppermint tea.


 I spent the day on Sunday doing me.  I took outfit photos, filmed a haul video, edited some of my vlog, went shopping--I decided to return the Zara heels I recently purchased--and hit the gym.
Outfit deets:  DIY'ed Tina Turner shirt ("Live in Concert!", thrifted), H&M skirt, Aldo wedges, F21 bralette & Ardene cross-body bag.


Did some editing on Sunday morning before heading out.  Will have a vlog up tonight from the past week!  See my other vlogs HERE.


I worked out on Saturday and Sunday; I recently joined a new gym and love the facility, that said, it's still difficult to get there, but I got it in this weekend.
Outfit deets:  Joshua Perets tank, F21 sports bra, Ardene shorts & Nike Free 3.0.


Sunday  night BBQ once again at #Skybox2013; always a good time.  Marco made us steaks and mine was perfectly cooked the way I like, rare.  This was also my first corn on the cob of the season.  Last week, Sarah and I had a conversation about corn on the cob, and really, it's non-health benefits despite being a 'vegetable'.  Despite all that, it still tasted delicious and like summertime.


My new favourite wine, Apothic Red; a blend of shirz, merlot, cab sauv & zinfandel.  Amaze.


Enjoying another beautiful sunset; Summer please don't go.


SHARE:

3 comments

Anonymous said...

Love how the sweater and heels can dress up a pair of denim shorts :)

LC said...

T-Rose & I discovered Apothic at Petit Bill's Bistro before it was offered for sale at the LCBO (she was visiting). It was a painfully long wait until it was released! LOVE it. Got my mum hooked too!

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@LC: No way!!? YES!! It's soooo freakin' good!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig