* DIY Tina Turner concert top (thrifted for $2 & cut up; I used THIS tutorial, sort of) which I made for the gym and have only worn it out instead.
* F21 liquid leather bralette (I'm loving bralettes lately and never go bra-less but did on this day...).
* H&M skirt from my trip to Toronto Fashion Week (part 1 & part 2) in March 2013 (see the vlog / video I made HERE).
* Aldo wedges (old) and seen with a pencil skirt and bright sweater.
* Accessories: F21 bangle, Ardene cross-body/clutch & Gucci shades.
Happy Wednesday everyone! How has your week been thus far?
Monday night was awesome, I went on a double date to an Industry Night dinner; basically what that means is a special dinner, mainly for people in the serving industry (I'm not one of them...anymore), that is put on by a top chef of a restaurant in Ottawa. I had vaguely heard of this before, but never been.
It takes place on the last Monday of every month and is a four-six course meal for $25. The word meal is relative as the portions were sharing plates between the four of us, except the main dish--shared between two--and the dessert where everyone got their own.
The restaurant that was putting on this month's evening was Town, a restaurant that I would say is a mix between Italian and French food. A place I've been to once, been meaning to go back to, and really loved (have the meatballs, if you go).
We tried a variety of food, and this is definitely a meal you need an open palette for; not for the picky eaters, that's for sure. We had things like smelt fish, octopus, porchetta, lamb sausages etc. I am a big food lover and not shy to try anything so this was right up my alley! Everything was delicious, but the octopus and lamb sausages took the cake for me.
I ended up vlogging our evening and am currently editing the footage to share with you very soon! Here's a peak at my outfit from Monday night.
Hope you're having a great week--cheers.