Sunday, March 10, 2013

Fashion Vlogger Video #10: How-To Turn Your Maxi Dress into a Maxi Skirt


For my tenth video as the Place d'Orleans Fashion Vlogger, I'm showing you exactly how to turn your maxi dress into a maxi skirt (via video!).  I absolutely loved the chevron pattern on this maxi dress from Urban Planet but sadly, as you can see, it's more than a tad short.  I couldn't pass it up though (it was $19; cheaper than buying the fabric itself!) and knew instantly what I wanted to do--I never even tried it on as a dress in the store, I simply tried it as if it were a skirt!

Watch the video below to see a very easy way to use your sewing machine to turn your maxi dress into a maxi skirt.

SIDE NOTE:  I added a waist-band to the skirt as it wasn't long enough for me without it (I'm 5'11), however, if you're shorter, or your fabric is longer, you could skip the waist-band part altogether.  Since this is jersey fabric, if you're not a sewer, or don't have a machine, you can simply cut it and wear it.  The jersey will not fray, simply roll a little, which looks charming anyways.

Stay tuned for more videos (specifically on the Place d'Orleans FB page). 

Have fun!



Other videos:
* Fall Fashion (video #1)
* Wardrobe Classics (video #2)
* Bundling Up for Winter (video #3)
* How-to Style a Sequin Skirt (video #4)
* What to Wear for New Years Eve (video #5)
* New Year, New You! (video #6)
* Accessories & a Hair Tutorial (video #7)
* What to Wear on a Date (video #8)
* Dreaming of Summer (video #9) 


See another maxi dress I turned into a skirt HERE (no waist-band and a simple stitch waist).

More videos on my YouTube Channel.



SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig