Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Non-Purchase


Do you ever go shopping and find something you like but when you put it on it doesn't exactly like you?  You stand in the fitting room, himming-&-hawing over said item, in hopes it will magically start looking better, be more flattering, and simply scream, 'Take me home!'.  But alas such cries do not come, and you feel sort of, 'I like it but I wish...' (the sleeves were shorter, the stripes were a different colour, the cut wasn't so... etc.).

I like to live by the, 'If you don't love it, leave it' rule, yet I still get stuck sometimes.  Sometimes I just want to like something so bad, but the chemistry (like any good relationship) just isn't there.

Such is so with the top above.  A boxy striped Cynthia Rowley top (from Winners, $19.99) that I wanted to like so badly, but when I put it on, it was a big, 'I'm not sure' (aka, I didn't love it).  I tried it on frontwards (left) and backwards (right) in an attempt to convince myself it was super versatile and it was like having two shirts in one.  This still did not make me love it, and in the end, I left it.  Looking at the photos now, I kind of wished I'd bought it, but at the same time, I knew I'd feel that way and it probably would have sat in my closet for a while.

Do you go by the 'love it or leave it' rule?

SHARE:

4 comments

Schnelle said...

I do this all the time with both clothes and shoes, usually it's because they don't fit right and I feel like the longer I keep them on, the closer I will be to finding a solution of how I can make it fit me right. BTW you're tagged: http://schnellecouture.blogspot.com/2012/01/tag-youre-it.html

Anonymous said...

What else do you do with your time, besides shop? Cool colors!

Kat E. said...

Totally...I think if you're not sure about an item, it's a "no".

The items in my closet that I wear the most and LOVE were never questioned....they were must haves the instant I tried them on, and I still feel great wearing them!

You'll find a striped shirt you'll love (or it will find you ;)

Lauren K said...

I agree, when you almost-love-it is the hardest part of shopping! H&M has a few similarly colored striped tops in now - you should check them out!

- Lauren

Blogger Template Created by pipdig