Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's a Meatloaf Kinda Night...


It seems lately (or at least when I'm uninspired) my favourite question to my friends is, 'What are you having for dinner?' aka what am I having for dinner.

See how clever that is?

Anywho.  A friend suggested meatloaf tonight and sent me the recipe. 
  
I like easy, healthy stuff, and this fit the bill.

I made it and devoured it at 10pm... because I got home late, then had to make it, then it took an hour to cook... then I ate it.  And I have a (hot) lunch for tomorrow.  Woo.


Meatloaf:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F

* 1 chopped onion
* 4 minced garlic cloves
* 1 pack of lean ground beef
* 1 cup of bread crumbs
* 1/2 cup of milk
* 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
* 1 egg
* 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Mix everything together with your hands.  Line a loaf pan with tinfoil and 'fill' with your meatloaf mixture.  Bake for an hour.  Let cool 15 minutes before cutting.


I topped mine with a ketchup based sauce (1/3 cup ketchup, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp dried mustard).

SHARE:

1 comment

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh this looks so good! Meatloaf is always a good choice on a cold night. Add a few veggies on the side and what a great meal.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig