It's a Meatloaf Kinda Night...

Wednesday, January 18, 2012


It seems lately (or at least when I'm uninspired) my favourite question to my friends is, 'What are you having for dinner?' aka what am I having for dinner.

See how clever that is?

Anywho.  A friend suggested meatloaf tonight and sent me the recipe. 
  
I like easy, healthy stuff, and this fit the bill.

I made it and devoured it at 10pm... because I got home late, then had to make it, then it took an hour to cook... then I ate it.  And I have a (hot) lunch for tomorrow.  Woo.


Meatloaf:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F

* 1 chopped onion
* 4 minced garlic cloves
* 1 pack of lean ground beef
* 1 cup of bread crumbs
* 1/2 cup of milk
* 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
* 1 egg
* 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Mix everything together with your hands.  Line a loaf pan with tinfoil and 'fill' with your meatloaf mixture.  Bake for an hour.  Let cool 15 minutes before cutting.


I topped mine with a ketchup based sauce (1/3 cup ketchup, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp dried mustard).

1 comment:

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh this looks so good! Meatloaf is always a good choice on a cold night. Add a few veggies on the side and what a great meal.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground