Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Do you exchange gifts on Valentine's Day?


I have always loved Valentine's Day--whether in a relationship or not, it's a day to spread the love to those you love.  Of course having a sweetheart makes it sweeter, but I never pass up the chance to spread a little happiness to those I love--in the form of chocolates, albeit.

When I was younger, while other kids were getting new clothes or toys for V-Day, my Mom would always gift us with a special care package of our favourite chocolates and candies (and one time this peace necklace from Ardene that I was coveting so badly).  

Now that I'm older, and in a relationship, I love celebrating the day but my favourite gift to receive is...
...a heart-felt card.  I know that might sound cliché, but it's a small but thoughtful gesture that goes a long way (okay, and a bag of my favourite chocolates doesn't hurt either!).  

What about you?  Are you into exchanging gifts or simply spending quality time together?  Or perhaps you dislike the day altogether and can't wait for Sunday?  I'd love to hear from you!


SHARE:

5 comments

Dawn said...

I like Valentine's Day. I know a lot of people who don't like it, but like you... I feel it's a day to spread love whether in a relationship or not. I love making treats for my parents. My husband and I usually stay in or go out for a normal dinner. Nothing too over the top. This year he's treating me to a massage and mani/pedi. I'm excited about it, but I'd be happy with a card and some chocolate.

JennaJoy said...

I've always been a fan of Valentines. From back in the day with Loony Tunes themed cards to today. My boyfriend and I don't usually do anything special - maybe dinner out - but he has gotten me flowers for the past couple years as a nice surprise.

This year we'll be travelling to Banff (via a flight from YYZ to YYC) so it will be less romantic (but HELLOOOO BANFF!). Maybe we'll go for a Valentine's brunch before our 4pm flight?

Lovin' the lets chat Wednesdays. Keep it up!

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Dawn: love it! Thanks for sharing!

@JennaJoy: woohoo, Banff will be amazing and a GREAT way to spend V-day (fingers crossed on a brunch for you! :)

amanda* said...

For the past 2 years as a Valentine's gift I've made something for my boyfriend. Last year he was moving to Bermuda for work for 4 months so I made him a series of "Open When Cards" with little gifts and notes inside each one....this year I made a Travel Map so we can hang it on the wall and pin the places we have been together....

I think making something really shows how much you love someone. It's creative and special to you as a couple!

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Amanda: I love that! I love the 'Open When' cards--what a sweet idea! I agree, making something is truly giving from the heart <3 What did you end up making this year???

Blogger Template Created by pipdig