Tuesday, March 7, 2017

FEBRUARY FAVOURITES


It's a new month, so I'm sharing some of my favourite things from February.  The goal behind this series is to share pieces I truly loved and used a ton, not necessarily what is currently the hottest trend or product.

Last month I shared tech, fashion and beauty, and today I'm incorporating something I've been using to get organized, so let's jump in!




PEN  |  NOTEBOOK

I am not an organized person.  There.  I said it.

The thought of filing things, using a label maker, and keeping an organized desk all sound nice, but they are not me.  I often wish I could get my ish together, but I'm a pretty messy, fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl.

That said, this year I've started bullet journaling, and if you're unfamiliar, it's a newish way of using a planner to get organized.  There are official bullet journals, but this notebook was given to me by a friend for Christmas, and I've been using it as a trial bullet journal.  Again, I'm not someone who typically uses a planner, but do think that I could gain from pushing myself to be more organized.

The pen was also a gift from a friend recently, and I love it!  It's a really pretty rose gold and white, with black ink, and makes a great desk accessory you can actually use.  Bonus, it's super on sale now!





I purchased these Sam Edelman Kent OTK boots back in the summer on a bit of a whim.  I had a couple pairs of black OTK boots, but neither were that nice, nor comfortable, so I didn't wear them a ton.  I had seen the Stuart Weitzman version, but wasn't willing to fork out that much for something I wasn't certain I would get a ton of use out of.

Fast forward six months, and these have been a go-to pair for me!  The fact that the shaft is narrow, and they really hug my legs (and don't fall down) is a huge factor in reaching for them often.  I love wearing them over denim or leggings, but have also worn them with dresses and longer, duster cardigans.  Some OTK boots can come off as too sexy, but these are the in between.

I sized down a half size, but also prefer to not wear socks in my boots.





When my former fave foundation ran out a few weeks ago, I reached into the depths of below-the-sink chaos and pulled out an older bottle of the Maybelline Fit Me foundation I had in 120.  I started using it daily, until I could get to the store, or at least that's what I told myself, and found new love for it.

I went to Walmart the other evening and discovered they have a new line of the Fit Me foundation, called, 'Hydrate & Smooth'--perfect for us dry girls.  I scooped it up in 130, which is the perfect shade for me when I have a spray tan.

If you have oily skin, this version would be a better fit for you.





Lastly, this lip scrub was gifted to me by a friend for Christmas and I used it everyday while we were in Whistler last month.  Not that I'm not used to frigid temps, but I found it was such a great way of top off removing my make-up, brushing my teeth and applying my skincare before bed.  The formula is completely natural, and although it's not meant for eating, it tastes delicious.

Additionally, it comes in a set with a coconut oil based lip balm in a tube that I love.  I keep it in the car and warm it between my hands before applying if it's too cold.  It's glossy, hydrating and also tastes great.



SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig