Wednesday, February 15, 2017

DRESSING UP A CROPPED HOODIE


 O U T F I T  D E T A I L S  :  CROPPED HOODIE  |  H&M MEN'S TANK -- OLD (SIMILAR)  |  GARAGE BEANIE -- OLD (SIMILAR)  |  CALAMAR FINGERLESS GLOVES (SIMILAR)  |  LEGGINGS  |  FRINGE BOOTS  |  BAG (BUDGET FRIENDLY OPTION -- GREAT DUPE!)

We are chugging along and have made it to the mid-week point!  How is your week going?

Last night Marco and I had a super low key evening--I hit the gym after work, then we ordered Thai take-out and watched a rom-com; which for the record, I can never convince him to watch, and he ended up liking it more than I did!  I think it's safe to say I've turned into an action movie lover  #shocking  

Onto the outfit!  I'm totally in love with this little hoodie.  The sleeves are extra long and I love the gold hardwear at the end of the draw strings.  It's kind of like a chic hoodie, which makes it easier to dress up for brunch or a more casual date night.  I layered it over a long men's tank I've had in my closet for a while & thick leggings.  To jazz things up, I added the fringe boot and a beanie because who needs a coat

SHOP THE POST









There has been a ton of hype around these Zella leggings and I finally purchased a pair for myself on Boxing Day.  I said I would share my feelings on them after giving them some use, so here we go.

First off, I love the high waist, and the thickness of the fabric.  Overall, they feel great and are super flattering. I've worn these consistently to go out or if I'm hanging out at home.  I love that there is no visible logo when I'm wearing them with an outfit, except high on the waistband, which I keep hidden anyway with a longer top.

As far as working out goes, I have worn these once to the gym and didn't love them.  They stayed put and all that, but I find the seaming is a little more taut.  You girls know I'm a Lululemon lover for their pants (just ordered these), so it takes a lot to go head to head with those.  I found the Zella leggings to almost dig in, not at the top, but on the horizontal hip seam, and if you carry your weight in the middle, it kind of amplifies the area, versus smoothing it out.

That said, I'm always wearing my tanks tied up in the back with the high waist exposed when I'm in the gym.  If you prefer to wear a longer tank, then it wouldn't be an issue.  Overall, I love the pants as just that, pants, but will stick to my favourite Lululemon leggings for working out.


MY FAVE LULULEMON LEGGINGS





Photography by Lisa Provençal.


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig