Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps | Labour Day Weekend



Happy Tuesday!  What a weekend, I can honestly say it was definitely in the top five weekends of the Summer, which is fitting as Labour Day always signals the end of Summertime.  How was your weekend?

On Friday we went out to our friend's place for rooftop drinks and hang outs, and it was such a great time.  We got home super late and slept in super late on Saturday, which sometimes you just need!  #youfeelme

Later that afternoon, we met up with...


DISTRESSED TEE  |  DIY SHORTS  |  CONVERSE SNEAKERS  |  CAMERA


...our friend at Brittania Beach to try out the Baja Burger Shack.  The burgers and fries were good, but we all agreed they weren't, "Ottawa's Best Burger," as the sign stated.  Personally, I think Vera's Burgers still wins in my books.



LULU LEMON TANK (SIMILAR)  |  LULULEMON LEGGINGS (JUST GOT THESE)  |  NIKE HIGH-TOPS

We eventually made our way to the gym and my wrist is finally starting to feel better.  I'm still focussed on lower-body, but I promised myself this week I would start to incorporate upper body workouts again.  Feeling a little timid about it, but also like it's needed.

We ended up laying low for the rest of the evening, ordering some Thai food and watching a movie on the couch.





On Sunday I was up at the crack of dawn, and caught the beautiful sunrise.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a crack-of-dawn type girl, but the cat was meowing and I couldn't fall back asleep, so up and at 'em it was.




TANK  |  SHORTS  |  HIGH-TOPS

 Sunday sweat sesh, followed by breakfast at our usual spot, The Barley Mow.



SWEATER  |  DISTRESSED DENIM  |  ZARA HEELS (SIMILAR, BLOCK HEEL)  |  BAG

On Sunday night we celebrated our anniversary and went to Soif, a chic wine bar, which was opened by the second best Sommelier in the world in 2013, Véronique Rivest.  

It was easily one of the best restaurants we've been to and everything from the wine, service, food and ambiance was perfect.  Would highly recommend and if you're not too picky, let the servers suggest wines and try a variety.




 On Sunday morning I did a bit of work, some cleaning around the condo and eventually got ready for the day.





I think I've mentioned it before, but we have a couple small rooftop gardens that the Garden Committee in our condo take care of, and it's so awesome.  Living in a condo definitely has it's perks, but there are some things you simply cannot have like you do in a home.  The small herb gardens are such a great treat and easy way to eat fresh and flavourfully.





And finally, Sunday afternoon: a day of extreme zip lining!  Six of us hit up Arbraska, Lafleche Parc in Quebec, about a 45 minute drive from Ottawa, to take on the aerial park and zip lines.  This was my first time and I was super excited... until I got there and had to start the course!  It was seriously nerve wracking, and a test to my own mental and physical strength.

The aerial park is no joke, you wear a harness, a helmet, have two cables to attach to each cable, as you navigate over wobbly, spaced out boards, cables (ie. like tight-rope walking, but with a cable above you to hold onto), suspended bridges, moving platforms, and more... all 40 feet above the ground or higher.  I would be lying if I said my friends didn't need to talk me through a few of the lines!  We did over 40 bridges and 9 zip lines, it was serious.

Near the end, we did some crazy zip line runs--one was right over a lake, another through the forest, and another about 500 feet above the ground!  It was quite the experience, and if you're into outdoorsy, adventurous activities, I would highly suggest this one.  If you're already a rock-climbing-height-loving person like two of our friends were, this might not be as adventurous for you as it was for me!


That wraps up the weekend, as always, thank you so much for reading and stopping by.  I'd love to hear about your weekend, and if you did anything out of the ordinary?  Hope you are having a great start to your week and see you tomorrow!


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig