Friday, July 29, 2016

NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE: WHAT I BOUGHT, SIZING INFO & HOW TO STYLE NOW AND LATER



Are you ladies sick of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale yet?  I'm still perusing the sale pages on the daily because while I've heard they aren't re-stocking, I keep seeing various items being restocked!  What I like to do, is add items to my Wish List and check that first--it will tell you if it's back in stock and then you're not searching endlessly for it.

With that, I already shared a haul video of my purchases, but I wanted to share with you what I bought, wearing the items, with some options on how to style the pieces now, for Summer, and later when the temperatures get a bit cooler.  I'll be honest, I love me some Summer, but I'm seriously excited for Fall!  Call me crazy, but layers, moto jackets, boots and more got me like #inserthearteyedemojihere

Photo overload after the jump...




FREE PEOPLE OPEN BACK TOP  |  URBAN PLANET SHORTS  |  H&M FAUX LEATHER PANTS (SALE ITEMS: SIMILAR, SIMILAR, SIMILAR)  |  SAKS LACE UP FLATS (SALE ITEMS: SIMILAR)  |  VINCE HEELS  |  SAM EDELMAN 'KENT' OTK BOOTS (SALE ITEM: SIMILAR)  |  FAUX SUEDE CHOKER  |  H&M FRINGE BAG (SALE ITEMS: SIMILAR, SPLURGE)

SIZING POINTS

Free People Top  | Free People tends to run large, so in true fashion I sized down one size to a small.

BP. Lace Up Flats | While I am wearing my own flats in these photos, I would totally purchase the BP. version if I didn't already have a pair.  They run tts and have so many great colours to choose from.

Sam Edelman 'Kent' Over the Knee Boots | These are the Pokaroo of boots, it seems.  Not available online, and  seemingly impossible to find in stores.  Two options: grab these instead because they are awesome (and I just ordered them in burgundy--fits tts, I'm a 10), or call Nordstrom and ask them to check throughout the country if there are any (they will ship them to you for free!).


STYLING

Open-back tops are perfect for Summer evenings, breezy and sexy at the same time.  Pair this with your favourite denim shorts, or even over a body con dress.  Come Fall, wear with some faux leather leggings or skinny denim.  Depending on the temps, pair with open-toe heels or over the knee boots.

Additionally, I love the look of the faux leather leggings with the suede boots--small detail of mixing textures with an overall big impact.




LUSH BLOUSE  |  RAG & BONE 'THE SKINNY' DENIM  |  MY OWN BOOTS (SALE ITEMS: SIMILAR, BUDGET-FRIENDLY)

SIZING POINTS

Lush Blouse | I have had this blouse in my closet for over a year and it's the same one Nordstrom has brought out for the sale, in a variety of colours.  Mine is a size large and I should have gotten a medium, but it was an online Christmas gift and I figured I would be a large.  Something to keep in mind: the larger you go, the deeper the v (you definitely need a cami if you're going to wear this to work).

Rag & Bone 'The Skinny' Denim | These jeans are a dream come true, super comfortable, tons of stretch, long and fit tts.  Keep in mind there is a raw hem and the front pockets are sewn shut.

Cole Haan OTK Boots | I'm wearing my own boots, but the Cole Haan ones are so similar (and way nicer).  Definitely a splurge piece, but they are snug fitting, stay up and well made; the grey is unexpected, and I like that.


STYLING

Blouses like these and skinny denim are wardrobe staples. Pair the blouse with shorts or tucked into a pencil skirt now, and as styled above when it's cooler.  Layered with an oversized scarf would look really pretty as well.





BILLABONG DRESS (SALE ITEMS: SIMILAR, LOVE THIS)  |  ZARA GLADIATOR SANDALS (SIMILAR, SIMILAR)  |  ALDO OTK BOOTS (SALE ITEM: SIMILAR)  |  FAUX SUEDE CHOKER  |  HAT FROM ITALY (SALE ITEMS: SIMILAR, SIMILAR)  |  H&M BAG (SALE ITEMS: SIMILAR, SIMILAR)

SIZING POINTS

Billabong Dress | This dress is so comfortable and runs tts. I love the flowy fit, the length (slightly longer in the back, which is awesome for tush coverage), and that the sleeves have elastics at the ends.  There is a criss-cross detail in the back, but you can still wear a bra with this one.  I can't find it online anymore, so check your local store, but this one that isn't part of the sale is also cute.


STYLING

I wore this dress out the other night exactly as you see it in the first pic: with tall gladiator sandals and a fringe bag.  Super cute for Summer, but the sleeves were great for evening.  Come Fall, my newest obsession is flowy dresses with over the knee boots--so chic!  Layer with a leather jacket, scarf and hat for when temperatures get even colder.




JAMES PERSE TEE (SALE ITEM: SIMILAR)  |  BLANK NYC MOTO JACKET -- SOLD OUT (SALE ITEM: SIMILAR)  |  RAG & BONE 'THE SKINNY' DENIM  |  KATE SPADE NECKLACE  |  SAKS LACE UP FLATS (SALE ITEM: SIMILAR)  |  PROENZA SCHOULER BAG (SALE ITEMS: SIMILAR, SIMILAR, SIMILAR)

SIZING POINTS

Blank NYC Suede Moto Jacket | This jacket has sold out several times, so I apologize if you can't get it, but I wanted to share it just in case it's restocked.  I would say it fits tts, I'm wearing a medium and find the shoulders fit me well (something that doesn't always fit me right).  I love the fabric panel inside the sleeve zippers and have also pushed the arms up in these photos for an edgier vibe--plus I have long arms.

Rag & Bone 'The Skinny' Denim | These might be the comfiest denim I own.  I'm obsessed.  The minute I put them on in the fitting room, I was sold--they have a ton of stretch, a nice weight to them and just hug all the right places.  They are tts and although I don't normally buy designer denim, and I would re-purchase these in a heartbeat.


STYLING

Jeans and a t-shirt are always great, but it's the accessories that really make the outfit stylish.  Lace up flats are more interesting than regular flats, instantly stylish & and a cool moto jacket ups the edge factor.  When the weather gets cooler, throw on some ankle booties--I'm totally stalking these--and a scarf.




LUSH TEE  |  DYNAMITE FAUX LEATHER BLAZER (SALE ITEMS: SIMILAR)  |  MY OWN LEATHER SKIRT (SALE ITEMS: SIMILAR, PLEATED, MINI, MINI)  |  RAG & BONE 'THE DRE' DENIM  |  FAUX SUEDE CHOKER  |  H&M FRINGE BAG (SALE ITEMS: SIMILAR, SPLURGE)  |  ALDO OVER THE KNEE BOOTS (SALE ITEMS: SIMILAR, SIMILAR, SIMILAR)  |  TOPSHOP LACE UP FLATS (SALE ITEM: SIMILAR)

SIZING POINTS

Lush Tee | I love this super soft t-shirt, and it was an instant yes when I put it on.  If fits tts and I went with a medium, it's a slight high-low but not cropped at all.


STYLING

Lots of styling options going on with this basic, but awesome t-shirt.  First I did something really easy with the skinny jeans, OTK boots and choker necklace.  The accessories are the details that really make this simple outfit stand out.

Secondly, I went with a waterfall front, faux leather blazer to (1) jazz things up a bit, and (2) add a layer of warmth.  This would work great with trousers or a pencil skirt as well, just tuck in the t-shirt and add a statement necklace.

Finally, a chic way to up your business attire, try an all black look, but mix things up with your textures: leather, cotton, laces etc.  Again, a very simple look, but interesting accessories make the outfit more dynamic.




LUSH TEE  |  BLANK NYC SUEDE JACKET -- SOLD OUT  (SIMILAR)  |  FAUX SUEDE CHOKER  |  BLACK WRAP CHOKER  |  ZARA PANTS & GLADIATOR SANDALS (SIMILAR, SIMILAR)  |  STEVE MADDEN LACE UP HEELS  |  PROENZA SCHOULER BAG (SALE ITEMS: SIMILAR, SIMILAR, SIMILAR)

STYLING

I love the pairing of neutrals, no matter the season.  Here I'm doing a white denim short with the fave Lush tee, gladiator sandals and a denim jacket.  When Fall hits, pair with a suede or leather jacket, waxed pants & heels or booties.




GARAGE CARDIGAN (SALE ITEMS: SIMILAR, SIMILAR)  |  H&M TANK (SALE ITEM: SIMILAR)  |  FAUX SUEDE CHOKER  |  RAG & BONE 'THE DRE' DENIM  |  SAKS LACE UP FLATS (SALE ITEM: SIMILAR)

SIZING POINTS

Rag & Bone 'The Dre' Denim | These jeans definitely run big, as they are a 'slim boyfriend fit'.  However, since I wanted them to be really snug, I sized down three sizes #saywhat #thishasneverhappened   They don't have a ton of stretch in them, like the other Rag & Bone ones, but these are super flattering.  As I was getting dressed, I remembered Marco doesn't even like dark denim, and that's all I had purchased--he told me that when I wore this outfit.  However, when I came out in these, his jaw dropped and he said they were the nicest jeans I owned, and proceeded to ask me to turn around 'very slowly' -- ha.  #dreFTW




MACKAGE WOOL & LEATHER COAT  |  LUSH TEERAG & BONE 'THE SKINNY' DENIM  |  SAM EDELMAN 'KENT' BOOTS (SALE ITEM: SIMILAR, SIMILAR)

SIZING POINTS

Mackage Coat | This coat is gorgeous, and comes in two colour combinations, black and navy like mine, or black and grey.  I chose a medium, which fits tts but there is a lot of draping going on.  I love that the sleeves have a knit panel under the arms so they stretch and adjust to your arms without feeling restrictive whatsoever.  Like I said before, I kicked myself for not getting the super similar style last year and while this is definitely a splurge, I know I'm going to wear it a ton.


STYLING

In the photos, I'm wearing this jacket casually--with skinny jeans, over the knee boots and a t-shirt; perfect for date night or an evening with friends.  However, this would be the perfect topper for wearing during your daily commute to the office or formal functions over a pretty dress.  Very versatile and stylish.




BLANK NYC SUEDE JACKET -- SOLD OUT (SIMILAR)  |  H&M KNIT TURTLENECK (SALE ITEMS: SIMILAR, SIMILAR)  |  BOATHOUSE SHORTS  |  H&M FRINGE BAG (SALE ITEMS: SIMILAR, SPLURGE)  |  SAKS LACE UP FLATS (SALE ITEMS: SIMILAR)

STYLING

BP. Sleeveless Turtleneck / Trouvé Sleevless Knit | I'm wearing my own knit, sleeveless turtleneck in the photos, but I love the BP. version at Nordstrom, which is almost identical.  I wanted to show how to style it if you wanted to pick up something like this for yourself.  I've worn this in the cooler months over a black, long sleeved tee, with leggings or skinnies, but I love the idea of pairing with black denim shorts and flats for an easy night out look.




SaveSave
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig