Thursday, June 9, 2016

What to Wear to the Ottawa Tulip Festival


O U T F I T  D E T A I L S  :  DIY KIMONO (SIMILAR, LOVE THIS)  |  CHIFFON CAMI  |  URBAN PLANET DENIM SHORTS (SIMILAR)  |  LACE UP FLATS  |  BAG (BUDGET FRIENDLY OPTION)  |  NECKLACE

Tulips have been my favourite flower for as long as I can remember, and every year Ottawa hosts the most beautiful festival.  It attracts tons of tourists but it's also fun to go down and check out all the beautiful blooms if you're from the area.  While I'm a little late with this post, there are so many great, Summer activities coming up where you want to look pulled together, be comfortable and keep cool, and I think something like this is perfect for those occasions.

I'm a huge fan of light-weight kimonos and you're going to be seeing a lot more of them on the blog this Summer--they such an easy, Summer staple that you can throw on and go.  It's less structured than a blazer, cooler than a cardigan, but still offers a bit of coverage when you need it.  I made mine last year after having the fabric sit in my fabric box for over a year, essentially by tracing a kimono I already have, and surging the edges.  If you'd be interested in a video tutorial, leave me a comment down below.






Photography by Lisa Provençal.

SHARE:

3 comments

Elise Von E said...

Beautiful!! Love this look, and your photos are gorgeous!

xx, Elise
www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Elise: thank you so much!! xo Hope you're having a great day.

Dominique Baker said...

Gorgeous!Bunny alert! LOL!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig