Monday, November 10, 2014

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps

New shoe alert!  I bought these Enzo Angiolini shoes on Amazon back in August and had them shipped to my US address to save on shipping/duty, etc. however, haven't had a chance to get down there.  Fortunately, Marco's friend took a trip and grabbed them for me and I just love 'em.  They fit true to size (tts) and the perfect nude pointy-toe heel.  I know I'll be getting a ton of use out of them.


Friday night impromptu date night at Milestones with Marco.  I had the California Salad with salmon (this is one salad I am crazy over and while I love to splurge on burgers and steaks when I go out to eat, this is loaded with goat cheese, strawberries and cartelized pecans it's definitely splurge-worthy and so freaking delicious).  

 More photos after the jump...

I broke out my OTK boots for our date.  I bought these last year at Aldo and love them (seen here in an outfit post).  I can't wear them in the snow so am taking full advantage now while we still have dry pavement.  They have the same ones this year in black and light grey (I love the black!).


Outfit deets:  Dynamite top (similar in black), Urban Planet cami (similar but nicer), H&M (grey) faux leather moto leggings (similar), Forever 21 lace booties (here), Aeropostale cross-body bag (similar) & Auslini bangle

On Saturday a group of us went to the Wine & Food show which was really fun.  We went to the afternoon show from noon till 4:30pm and while it felt a little strange donning more of a 'night time' outfit and make-up, it's what everyone does as it's a really popular annual event.  It was my first time attending (I worked it one year many years ago) and we ate and tasted our way through the floor.  There were even food trucks in there!
In the late afternoon it started to snow!  I ran over to the window to snap a pic while sipping on my margarita (haha, so not fitting for this weather!).
After the show, we all went back to our place to continue the party.  A few more friends showed up, we snacked on appetizers, made drinks and danced and laughed the night away.


Sunday (late) morning I hit the gym with Marco and we did back (a weekend "favourite").


Then came home and cooked up some eggs and toast and relaxed.


Later I made a double batch of these healthy no-bake peanut butter cups I've talked about before... and ate several (recipe here).


Marco whipped up chicken parm for dinner and I made a side spinach salad with pears.


I spent Sunday evening working on the recap video of our trip to Barbados but haven't finished.  I took over 200 video clips so it's a lot of hours to find the music, edit everything together and shrink it down to keep it interesting.  I hope to finish it this week though!

Thanks so much for reading, hope you had a great weekend.  I'd love to hear what your best breakfast of the weekend was in the comments down below.  I've been making this cold-oatmeal recipe I found where you make it the night before (or 30 minutes in the fridge in a pinch); it's essentially 1/2 cup of oats, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, flax seed or chia (if you have it) and pour in almond milk to cover the oats.  Mix and refrigerate.  Enjoy the next morning.  It's pretty basic but healthy, filling and gets you going for the day.

Happy Monday ladies!


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig