Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tall Boots & Layers for Fall

Outfit deets:
* Ashley B jacket (old) which you've seen with raw-hem denim and with a skirt and booties.
* Jacob thin-knit sweater from my Back-to-School Lookbook.
* Nitrogen pants (old) which are actually olive green and you've seen with a cognac leather jacket and a cozy sweater cape.
* Maxgreat boots (new!) from Marshalls.
* Accessories: Dynamite scarf (new!), Aldo bag, F21 necklace & Michael Kors sunnies (similar).

I'm the kind of shopper that when I see something I like, I will usually debate it by walking around the store for a while, ensuring I don't find anything I like more before rushing to the cash.  Also, while I love to shop and do shop often, I frequently leave empty handed.  That said, sometimes there are items that you see and it's like an instant click; you know it's coming home with you.

That can be said for these boots I recently picked up at Marshalls.  I was sub-conciously looking for a pair of tall, black, leather boots with a chunky heel that would be work-appropriate, but also comfortable enough to wear on weekends.  When I spotted these, I tried them on immediately and did a little happy dance when they fit knowing there was no question, they were coming home with me.  

I have since worn them multiple times, including to work, out shopping and running errands and have to say, despite being a pretty simple looking boot, they get tons of compliments.  I couldn't find a link online, but if you're in Ottawa, run to Marshalls at Trainyards and scoop yourself a pair.


Photos by Serena Rivard.

SHARE:

2 comments

Delia said...

I love the entire outfit!

Hope you're feeling better Amanda :)

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

Thank you sooooo much, D!!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig