Friday, April 22, 2011

Meet Ally

 Me on left in the front row in the jacket

Hey y’all, Ally here from In The Sky With Diamonds. I’m just starting out in blog land and I have to say I just love it!  I am so happy that Amanda is giving me the opportunity to share with you the story of how I came to own my favorite bright yellow H&M jacket. Normally for me these stories aren’t very interesting and usually consist of a lucky trip to the mall. This one is much more than that…

Rewind back to April of 2008, I was on a school fashion field trip to the most amazing place in the world… New York City! Of course I was so wrapped up in picking out all my outfits and accessories for the trip that (in true blonde moment fashion) I totally neglected to bring a jacket. Ugh, just my luck. The day we got there we were allowed to roam free on 5th Avenue for 1 hour (hello dream come true!) and I made it a mission to find a coat (preferably fabulous and inexpensive). I bee-lined it to H&M and started combing through the racks of spring items to try to find something with sleeves… and there it was… a lone bright yellow coat… in my size. Ahh, it was like the heavens opened up and shined a big spotlight down on me in the middle of the packed store. Needless to say I bought it, loved it, and wore it the entire time.

But wait, that’s not the best part! While walking around with our tour guide, she ran into a friend who produced, ‘The Early Show’ and he invited our group to come to the show in the morning. We were all pumped and figured why not?! So, we somehow got to the studio the next morning by 7am and lined up around the gate outside and before we knew it the place was packed! The show was going along great and then the male host turns to the audience (us) and decides to ask a question.

He started walking over to our side… and he keeps walking… getting closer… even closer… and he stops… right in front of me. Now let me just say for the record I am very shy in unfamiliar situations so I was mortified and thought I was literally going to have a heart attack. He turns to me and asks, “What makes you smile?”… silence… I can barely remember what I said. I know I mentioned NYC and plugged the fact that I was there for a school trip but that’s all I can piece together. From the feedback I got from friends watching on TV, I managed to sound pretty good during my national television debut! Our group got invited into the studio after the show and I was told my yellow jacket was the reason he chose to come talk to me… what luck! 

Outside the studio on that fateful morning

Now 2 years later I still have the infamous bright yellow jacket and love to wear it, but what I love the most is the fun memories attached to it and the fact that when I think about it I can’t help but (you guessed it)… smile.

 
Inside the studios

Do y’all have some fun stories behind your favorite items? I’d love to hear them! Feel free to stop by my blog and say hello and share your stories! 

Thanks again to Amanda for the fabulous opportunity to be a guest blogger!

Ally
SHARE:

3 comments

Elaine said...

That was such a cute story! And I'm glad you hung onto that jacket. It's adorable!

Veronika said...

such a cute story!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! I am glad you liked it! :-)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig