Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

 { our family tree }

Merry Christmas everyone!  It's been a crazy busy last few days and I've missed you all very much.  I know I've been MIA but the holiday season has taken over my life, and honestly, that's pretty nice.  On Christmas eve I went to work in the morning and spent my time exchanging gifts with friends and coworkers, tying up some lose ends before my 10-day-long vacation, drinking coffee with Bailey's and attending an annual Christmas eve potluck (brunch).  It was fantastic.  I left work around noon and heading in the direction of home with a few stops.  

My sister came over to my place and we got busy preparing (my dad's birthday) dinner for that night (tacos - his choice).  My parents and grandparents showed up just before 5pm and we ate, talked, and laughed.  

Much later that night, my parents, sister and I headed to my parent's house to keep up our annual tradition of us sleeping over the night before Christmas.  We woke up later than normal (which was so nice to sleep in!) and ate breakfast (a combination of fresh fruit, cinnamon buns and croissants) and drank mimosas.  We then ran to the living room to see what Santa brought us and open our gifts.  I was totally spoiled by my parents, sister, hubs and in-laws.  That night we had our (traditional) turkey dinner (my fave) and of course stuffed ourselves to the brim.  

I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas and I'll be checking your blogs to hopefully see how it went.  I will also be posting more detailed shots on what I got, Boxing Day shopping and more. 

  
 { my stocking & Santa gifts }

 { opening something totally unexpected and totally exciting: 
my very own sewing machine! }

{ our tree at home with all our gifts underneath }

  I got the boots!!!

SHARE:

7 comments

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! Cant wait to hear more about it :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!!! I can't wait to see your goodies! I got a couple pairs of shoes I think you would appreciate! PS. Full time job in Jan for this chick means more mulah I can save for when you come down!! Shop-a-polooza 2011 baby!!

PPS - can i just say that my word verification was 'elslywoo'. . . like what does that even mean!? It's better than the usual 'terd' I get. No joke so many of my words have variations of terd in them, I'm trying to not take it personally

Isabel said...

i love seeing what people got for xmas. so fun :)

Sharon Lei said...

Yay! You got your boots. They look amazing. Can't wait to see what you pair them with. :D

And it looks like you had a very eventful Christmas! Ours was pretty low key.. stuffed my face and suffered a food coma for most of the day.. ha ha.

xx Love & Aloha

Jamie said...

I know I have been hectic too. It's tough to blog and it's tough to visit everyone's blog during the holiday madness. Looks like you made out this year!! Yaay! Those boots are awesome!!

http://www.glamlatte.com

Kate said...

Wowza, someone must have been a good girl this year! Quite the haul! Happy holidays, love!

Marissa at Style Cusp said...

That Scotch tap show holder is adorable! Where did you find it?
Your Christmas looked enjoyable. Enjoy that new sewing machine- let's see some pieces soooon.

XXXO
M

Blogger Template Created by pipdig