Monday, October 19, 2015

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps


JACKET -- OLD (SIMILAR, LOVE THIS)  |  TOP (BLACK, GREY)  |  CAMI  |  FLARES  |  BAG  |  SCARF (IN BAG)

This weekend was part fun, part productive.  On Friday I wore my new flares which are super long.  I have these jeans in a shorter length that work perfect for flats but have been on the hunt for a similar pair that is long enough for heels.  I have a hard time spending big money on denim so when I found these at Winners, it was a done deal.



MK BANGLE (SIMILAR)  |  THIN GORJANA BANGLE (SIMILAR)  |  ALDO RINGS  |  NAIL COLOUR

Friday's lunch--I'm a big fan of FarmBoy's salad bar and when I treat myself to it I always get this combination:  kale salad mix (with nuts, cranberries & wild rice), beets & ginger-sesame tofu.



MAISON SCOTCH JACKET (SIMILAR, SAVE)  |  TOP  |  BAG  |  GLASSES

On Friday night, Marco and I went to see Kevin Hart!  We bought tickets last month and had forgotten about the show with everything that's happened.  I saw someone post something on Facebook last week and it triggered me--I quickly looked up the tickets in my email to see it was that Friday!  It was an awesome show and we needed a good laugh and we got it.

At the end of the show, he took an Instagram video and in the pic below you can see Marco and I in the crowd!  We were in the 8th row--so fun.




On Saturday morning we hit the gym--I did a back workout and then we went and ran some errands including stopping in at Chuck's to grab my favourite panini.





I gave myself a mani-pedi in the afternoon; I went with Wicked on my fingers and e-nuf is e-nuf for the toes





Marco made this awesome blooming pizza bread in preparation for the party we were going to that night (see the finished product here).





...and I baked these 'healthy' cookies because I'm obsessed with them.  Seriously, try to make these and not eat the entire batch.  




ARDENE TEE (SIMILAR)  |  BRALETTE  |  H&M FAUX LEATHER PANTS -- NEW (SIMILAR)




Then it was party time.  Our friends hosted an annual wine mixer--essentially everyone brings a bottle of wine over $15, it goes on the table and you can sample any and every wine you'd like.  Some people brought some awesome apps too including the trout & smoked octopus baguette bites below.  #nomnom 




The next morning I whipped up some protein pancakes.

You ladies know I make these every weekend, adding a scoop of chocolate protein but lately I've been adding in a bit of oatmeal to give them some substance but also hold them together.  It really helps but they are definitely more dense.





I spent Sunday afternoon doing laundry, cleaning the condo & cleaning and purging my closet.  I'm thinking about having a bunch of girlfriends over for a big swap in the coming weeks in hopes to offload some items to a good home.





Super basic lunch because I was not leaving the house for groceries: whole wheat pasta, tossed with olive oil, sea salt & parmesan petals.



A few of you wrote to me about the SUBSCRIBE pop-up box that was previously on the site.  I'm in the process of setting up a weekly newsletter and wanted you to be able to sign up, if you wanted.  However, the pop-up was glitchy and I know a lot of you signed up but then it would still pop up when you visited (so annoying!).  All that to say, I've removed the pop-up altogether, but if you're interested, you can sign up for the newsletter here


Hope you had a great weekend & thank you for reading!

SHARE:

4 comments

Rachel said...

Love, love, love the braille under the t-shirt!

XO, Rach
www.seashellsandsparkles.com

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Rachel: thank you so much!!

Michelle said...

Just letting you know I still got the pop up.

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

Thank you, Michelle--it's fixed now. Appreciate your comment!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig