Thursday, January 29, 2015

New Years Resolution Check-In


Today I wanted to do a quick check-in on my New Years Resolutions.  We are coming to the end of our first month of 2015 and I have made some head way...


To recap, my resolutions were to:

Buy quality pieces over quantity // Drink at least three litres of water a day // Cut stress in half when hosting parties

(1) I have put myself on a pretty strict shopping reduction for this month to factor in paying off Christmas and for the party I threw last weekend.  I have bought a few pieces  this month and they were definitely of quality (swimsuit, workout leggings & snowboarding pants).  I wouldn't say I'm working towards a specific item 'goal' per say, but I'm trying to be thoughtful of the purchases I do make.

(2) I have been consistently hitting this on a daily basis, aside from weekends.  On weekends there is less of a routine and I'm often out running errands or doing things with friends where I'm not carrying a water bottle with me and also, there isn't always a bathroom that's super accessible.  I'm pleased that I've been keeping this up; it's not easy, to say the least, but I think it's doing my mental health some good (on top of the physical well being).

(3) I hosted a party this past weekend and chipped away at the details every night for two weeks.  I went to one or two different stores each day in search of decor and spent one evening DIY'ing a few things in advance.  I even picked up the food to prep and had it ready hours before the party was set to start.  I was definitely a little panic-y but it was mainly due to a couple girls running behind schedule.  All in all, we pulled it off and it was a huge success!


Have you set any resolutions?  It's not too late!  Try making a few for February and check out my newest video below for three key tips to set and keep your resolution.


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig