Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I'm going to Punta Cana!


I'm so excited to share the news that I'm going to Punta Cana this coming weekend!  Marco is taking me for my birthday and I didn't want to spill the beans until he booked the trip which happened a couple nights ago.  

The initial plan was Mexico, but we couldn't find anything that looked like it would be as good as last year's trip, without spending a silly fortune.   Then we came across the new Breathless resort and it was almost a given.  We hesitated for a minute, I think simply to switch our hearts from Mexico to Dominican, and Marco surprised me by booking it.  Woohoo!

I pulled a few things from my closet that I'd like to bring along with me; obviously this isn't everything, but a few key pieces.  As always, I'm going to try and plan outfits and pack in advance so I don't overpack--but when does that ever happen (the answer we are looking for here is never).

Photo details after the jump...

From top left (clockwise):
1.  iPad mini |  I love having wifi on vacation; to me, it's enjoyable to be connected and nice to have the option if I want to be.

2.  Vero Moda flamingo pashmina  |  I've had this for a year, brought it with me to Mexico, and never used it.  I'm determined to use it this year.

3.  Garage denim jacket  |  I wore this all the time last summer (see me wearing it here, here, and three times on this weekend) and loved the faded denim.

4.  Ardene hat  |  I forgot my hat last year and we quickly stopped at Ardene on our way to the airport and I grabbed this one.  It turned out to be great so no need to purchase anything new.

5.  Liliana wedges  |  Since I purchased these in the winter, they have only be worn once, for my bestie's indoor baby shower.  I think they will be perfect for dinner on the resort.

5.  Bench cut-offs  |  Picked these up last summer and they are snug and don't ride up.

6.  Zara nude heels  |  I'm on the fence as to whether I should bring these since they are a heel and not a wedge but since I just purchased them, I want to wear them asap.

7.  Vero Moda skirt  |  This is stretchy, snug and has a twisted hemline, it's also super comfy and chic for day or night.

8.  Forever 21 sweater  |  It's pretty rare you need a sweater down south but I think this open knit one would be sweet over a bikini or with cut-offs at night when the temps do drop.

9.  Jergens Natural Glow  |  Since I don't tend to sit out, I am pre-planning by using this daily to build some colour so ms. whitey doesn't look so ghostly.

10.  Garnier Fructis leave-in conditioner  |  This is my go-to after I wash my hair; brushing without it is a tangly mess.

11.  (centre) Ardene bikini  |  I picked this up last year but haven't worn it yet, but the cut is so killer.  I will definitely be bringing along several swimsuits (like this one), but wanted to highlight this one since it's an inexpensive yet fun find.

SHARE:

4 comments

Princess Audu said...

Lol most girls tent to over-pack, your not alone. I love the key pieces, especially the sandals. Have a great trip and happy birthday in advance. You have a nice bf by the way.

http://princessaudu.blogspot.com/

Renee said...

Yayy that's so exciting and I'm sure so desperately needed with the winter we've been having!
We're having 30-50 cms of snow here today so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take me with you! Who needs clothes in their suitcase anyways? :)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time. I hope he surprises you again while you are there....with a rock!

Christina said...

We are going in September. Can't wait to see what you pack!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig