Sunday, February 27, 2011

DIY Adding Fur to Boots


After seeing Maegan's DIY for adding fur to your shoes (and boots), I immediately jumped in my car (okay, I showered first) and headed out on a mission to get some faux fur from Fabricland.  Maegan used faux fur trim for hers, but unfortunately the only trim at my store was white and dark purple (which I contemplated, but passed up).  I really wanted a tan coloured fur, or as a second resort black or grey.  I left the fabric store feeling defeated but then remembered Walmart sold faux fur rugs.  I took a chance and amongst the hot pink, lime green, black, white and dark grey there was (woohoo!) this tan colour.  $20 for the rug makes it cheaper than buying faux fur by the meter at the fabric store ($38/m) too - score.  Excited, I ran home and started cutting apart the rug and voila.  Head to Meagan's blog to check out the full DIY.

Aldo 'Rubin' (last seen here)
SHARE:

3 comments

Schnelle said...

They look great!!! What a fantastic idea. They look really good on those boots.

palmandpineblog said...

Wow! I can totally see you rockin' those :)

<3, natasha @ twenty-something blog

Unknown said...

FABULOUS FABULOUS FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig