Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Black Out

Seduction jacket (last seen here), Joe Fresh cardigan, La Senza top, 
Zara jeans (thrifted), Aldo wedges (last seen here) & unknown bangle

Hubs and I decorated our Christmas tree last night, and while I can't wait to show you all the tree and festive decor, it will have to wait because by the time we were done I was exhausted and in no state to take photos, edit said photos and post them.  Soon, very soon, so for now you get an outfit post.

So being unable to rely on hubs to take my outfit photos is getting a little bit frustrating.  My sister is good, but she's hit or miss and bailed on me the last two days in a row.  Last night, hubs wasn't in the most festive of moods for taking photos, and ultimately, not owning a tripod is becoming an issue.  Why an issue now and now month ago?  Well my lovely readers, I'll tell you why.  Why, because the weather is turning cold, hell-o, it's December (can't believe it!) and while I can always find something to prop the camera on outside, indoors is much different.  A good chunk of our place is carpet, and I refuse to walk on it with my shoes (clean freak coming through) and there are only so many places that warrant an 'acceptable' background.  However, like my sister said, she doesn't want to get me a tripod if I'm just going to purchase a SLR in the very soon future (fingers crossed) and then need a new tripod to fit the new camera.  Le sigh.  What's the solution?  Complaining a bit more might help... 


BTW, we've had about two inches of rainfall (or at least that's what's expected by this morning) and it's melted all the snow!  YES!  Love it.  While I obviously love snow at Christmas, it can hold off till a few days before ... but, in all honesty, that's not going to happen (it's suppose to snow tonight - ugh).  Which reminds me, the last time I wore this jacket, it was so warm, and the photos turned out so good too.  Damn gloomy winter weather.
SHARE:

9 comments

T said...

Bad ass, I love it!

Anonymous said...

I love this outfit!

Anonymous said...

The detailing is awesome, and obvi I support all black outfits.

So I bought a tripod when I bought my new camera. But I have one of those HUGE ones because the man scared me out of buying a small one. (SLR's weigh more and he said sometimes they tip over the small ones and break!) But it's almost too big to use at all. Though to be honest my outfits suck so I've kinda stopped posting OOTD's until I get some style. lol Anyway, I hope when you do get your new camera and tripod that you find the perfect size!

Jamie said...

I am having the same dilemma. My wonderful photographer has been otherwise preoccupied and it has posed a problem for posting outfit pics...hence why I haven't had one in like a month!! I am trying to find a solution since my camera S-U-C-K-S!!

Loving this outfit!! And I sent the bf a few options for OTK boots and told him to surprise me...we'll see how he does!!

http://www.glamlatte.com

Jan said...

Tripod all the way. It's saves you many headaches in the long run. Trust me... :)

Marcie said...

I have a tripod that fits my small point and shoot, and my DSLR. I think most tripods will fit most cameras, if I'm not mistaken.

ashley @ little miss momma said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit! You are so beautiful and have super fab style! I could use some tips, lol!

Taylor Sterling said...

Love it! You look sleek and beautiful!!

Kara said...

How are you still wearing open-toed shoes??? lol
you look great here- love the leather jacket! I want something short and open like that...just haven't found it yet!

Annnddd....i feel your pain of being tripod-less. It's on my xmas list so hopefully Santa is kind to me but otherwise my picture taking without my sister is non-existent. the pics in my apartment are my camera stacked on top of like 6 dvds on a bookshelf. lol. we need to fix this problem! For both of us! :)

xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig