Friday, April 5, 2013

What I Packed for Toronto Fashion Week




What does one wear to Fashion Week?  I didn't know, and to only go for two days, not know what your itinerary is, nor what shows you're seeing, I am please with how well I packed--in a small rolly suitcase, might I add!

Since we were only going to Toronto for just over two days, I knew I would need two outfits for each day at Fashion Week (if in fact we were going both days, at the time, we did not know), something to wear around town, that would be comfy to travel home in, and of course the clothes I wore there.

I packed four pairs of shoes, as you can see above, which I thought was strategic and amazing.  C'mon, four pairs for two days, you know that's not easy, especially when you don't know what you will be doing.  I wore the hi-top wedges there, during our second day of sightseeing, and eventually to Fashion week (which wasn't planned), and on the plane home.  They are comfortable, stylish and can work with multiple outfits.

The Ash olive green open-toe buckle booties were perfect for our first day at Fashion Week.  I felt they were the edgy kick my on-the-chic side outfit needed, plus I was comfy on my feet for several hours.

The cap toe flats were worn once, when we had breakfast in the Diner of our hotel on the first day for breakfast (with leggings and an oversized t-shirt/tunic that I'm not showing you here), and sadly since it didn't work out for us to change after shopping for day 2, my cap toe heels never got worn.

Day 2 Outfit:
* Max Studio top which you've seen with dark denim skinnies & also for Christmas dinner 2011.
* Zara utility style pant which you've seen casually on the weekend.
* H by Halston cap toe pumps (from my trip to Vegas; haul video HERE).
* Accessories:  Joe Fresh necklaces (different seasons), Auslini bangle & F21 clutch/purse.

I never ended up wearing this outfit, sadly, as we didn't change for day 2 and just wore what we had on from our sightseeing and shopping.  I love olive green and rose gold together, and I felt the pretty silk top, heels and rougher style pants really paired well together.

Leopard accessories:
* Ardène chain-strap clutch/purse.
* Cleo pony-hair belt.


Day 1 Outfit:
* Jessica Simpson blazer with faux leather sleeves, which you've seen with tuxedo style pantswith a sequin skirt & with a leopard tunic.
* Urban Planet ruffle cami from my Spring Vlog.
* H&M waxed pants which are probably my most favourite pants, currently.  You've seen them at Thanksgiving, with my hi-top wedges, and with those cap toe heels up top.
* Ash booties that are definitely in my top 5 of all my shoes (but don't get the play they deserve; got to keep 'em fresh!) and you've seen them with black skinnies.
* Accessories:  Sirens geometric necklace, Joe Fresh bangles (both gifts from my sister) and leather & metal bracelet (a birthday gift from a dear friend).


Travel outfit:
* Dynamite faux leather jacket which you've seen with a red pencil skirt (in one of my most favourite outfit posts ever), with a skirt and flats & in a very old outfit post but I like it (and had forgotten about it).
* Unknown silk tunic with a Jules & James chiffon tank (with zipper).  I wore the chiffon tank over the silk one as the former is longer to cover my butt, but wanted some dimension with the chiffon.
* American Apparel leather-look leggings which you've seen with some bad-ass wedge boots (that I don't wear enough).  I actually ended up wearing my new snow-leopard skinny pants I bought at H&M with this outfit instead as seen HERE.
* Accessories: I re-wore the triangle necklace.



In case you missed it:


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig