Sunday, March 25, 2012

Healthy Apple Crisp for One


Sometimes I get a craving for something sweet, even though I'm not hungry.  

Okay, who am I kidding?  I frequently get sweet cravings.  

Tonight was no different but I knew if I tore open the bag of mini-eggs I have stashed in my purse, imense guilt would set in immediately after especially since I induldged enough this weekend.  So, the alternative?  A make-shift 'healthy' apple crisp.

It's has fruit, that's healthy, right?

It's simple.  Go!


You will need:
* 1 apple
* 1 tsp. butter
* 1 heaping spoon of whole wheat flour
* cinnamon
* vanilla frozen yoghurt (optional and personally, I like the option)

With a fork, mix your melted butter and flour together until it forms a pebble-like consistency.  Peel the apple (remove the skin) and slice into flat-ish pieces into a bowl.  Sprinkle with cinnamon.  Sprinkle with flour/butter mixture.  Add more apple pieces, repeat & microwave for about four minutes (or until it looks cooked).  Enjoy.


SHARE:

1 comment

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

simple and sounds delicious!! perfect because it has an endpoint, ie after you finish you aren't tempted to get another slice of the entire cake you just baked.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig